[v6 General Discussion] Import Song

One of the features I was really hoping to see was the ability to Import a Song. The ability is mentioned in the Help files where we are directed to "folders" where you have the option to Open, not Import, an rtf file. The file format drop down lists other file formats including Words various versions. Problem is, it doesn't work, seemingly at all. I have tried several different files and every time I select one I get an "Arguement out of range" error. This isn't a deal breaker but currently I am the only one in the church who manages EW. My objective is to have a small team, I have volunteers which is very encouraging but they are not techies. What I have been doing is maintaining a database at home then copying it to a thumb drive and overwriting the data on the church computer. Shared folders are not an option as the church has no internet and not everyone is prepared to connection share from a smart phone.
I know this is not what is described exactly but the ability to export a song from someones home and then import it into the church EW database would solve this for me. Even if it was possible for someone to bring in the song as a Word doc, most people have access to various vintages of Word, and then import the song would help, and this is implied in the Help.
Is anyone else having this problem, is this a feature in progress?

Just noticed this about build 1.5, it is inserting single spaces at the beginning of lines of manually typed verses after clicking OK to save and then reopening. If the space is deleted the entire verse disappears and cannot be recovered.
(....)
Hello,

I have created a file in NOTEPAD++ .. with those same rules... and it seems that import of that file isn't working as it should be ... (using EW6.1.5)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jw3wdzfyboln ... B.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/725f7iwfv4koe ... 5.png?dl=0

How should the format file be to be able to import it directly?

here is the file zipped: https://www.dropbox.com/s/alzuw1uml0qfq ... 9.zip?dl=0

Best regards,

Amândio

Tested it in 6.1.6 and problems persist.

Did you had time to try out the import of the file song (from txt).

I have all files in that suggested format ..

Verse 1 <e>
Song Lyrics <e>
Song Lyrics <e>
Song Lyrics <e>
<e>
Chorus 1 <e>
Song Lyrics <e>
Song Lyrics <e>
<e>
<e>
Last Slide No label <e>

and the 1st line after <enter> won't get in the label .. it will go directly to the verse itself ..

Can you please look into this issue?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Amândio.
Try changing the default font that you are using for songs in options.
I've seen a couple of computers have issues with a specific font family not working.
We are looking in to the cause.
Try changing the default font that you are using for songs in options.
I've seen a couple of computers have issues with a specific font family not working.
We are looking in to the cause.

Hi Rodger,

Thank you for the reply.

I have changed the Font and had no effect, issue is still happening (if you have a specific font that you want me to try .. please do).

Regards.

Amândio.
With build 1.6 I have noticed that if I import text, copy and paste, and it imports as trebuchet if I change it to Arial it disappears and won't reappear, even if I change it back to trebuchet. I don't usually change don't much so I haven't noticed whether or not it happens with other combinations.
This looks like a bug we have seen, that may be fixed in our next build. I'm going to email you. Can you reply with schedule that has one of these songs in it?
Hello Rodger,

I have sent you an email (before I saw your post here).

Please see if it's the files that you need (sent you one schedule and 2 songs in .txt, similar to the one that is in the dropbox link in the previous post's).

Best Regards,

Amândio.