[v7 General Discussion] Already Own EW6/Upgrade to 7 Free?

If I already purchased/own EW6, is there a free upgrade to 7? Or do we have to purchase 7 to upgrade?

Hi toad78,
EasyWorship 7 is not a free update. However those who purchased EasyWorship 6 within 6 months of the 7 release will receive a free onetime purchase license or two years of subscription free, otherwise you will receive a discount on the update, 25% on subscription, 50% on one time purchase. Promo available until 6/30/2018.
Do the discounts apply to those of us who purchased EasyWorship 2009? I'm interested in purchasing a one-time campus license, but the checkout screen still shows the full price of $499, rather than the 50% discount.
Very sad to see that we need to pay for an update while we already had pay for EW6.
And there it was already saying, one-time payment.
As an existing user, you get a discount, but still, not everyone is able.
It was already a big investment the first time.
We will stick with EW6
It is working fine for us so far.
You do not have to update. If you have installed the Easyworship 7 all you need to do is close it and then open Easyworship 6 normally.
Hi

Sad to see you have taken the Microsoft route on software moving from buy and upgrade free to pay every time you bring out new version.

You lost users taking too long to move from a basic but a verygood stable V 2009 which churches loved to V6 which was harder to use lost functionally and was loaded with errors.

Now you bring out V 7 with bug fixes and lots of stuff MOST churches will never use and expect churches to pay up once more.

I hope you will continue to bug fix V6 and at least add the dark theme.

In closing given there is at 1 free open source worship software which does what most people want to which works on several OS's

You are on a road to no where
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll post my replies below.

Hi

Sad to see you have taken the Microsoft route on software moving from buy and upgrade free to pay every time you bring out new version.

We began charging for upgrades with EasyWorship 2009. It is industry standard to charge for major feature releases in order to recoupe R & D costs. I think you'll find that we are still more liberal with no extra cost features than competitors. We would love to provide all updates for free, but unfortunately we haven't found a way to do that.

You lost users taking too long to move from a basic but a verygood stable V 2009 which churches loved to V6 which was harder to use lost functionally and was loaded with errors.

Now you bring out V 7 with bug fixes and lots of stuff MOST churches will never use and expect churches to pay up once more.

I hope you will continue to bug fix V6 and at least add the dark theme.

EasyWorship 2009 was good and simple, but in order to move forward and provide the features customers wanted, a complete rewrite of EasyWorship was required. EasyWorship 2009 wasn't able to do some things, like playing mp4 files, that version 6 does out of the box. There were some features 2009 could not support without a majore rewrite, like the WYSIWYG song editor, transparency, alpha channel video mixer support, keyword searching of songs and scripture, network database support...

Initially with 6 there was a time of maturation as it was a complete rewrite from the ground up. That's why we sold it to early adopters for a $49 upgrade fee. By the release of version 7 it had become a very stable, mature and easy to use product.

You can see all of the bug fixes and features added to 6 since release at the following link.

https://www.easyworship.com/software/whatsnew

Version 6 will continue to receive bug fixes. It will not receive new features like the dark theme.

given there is at 1 free open source worship software which does what most people want to which works on several OS's

You are on a road to no where

We want our customers to use the software that works for them, even if it's not EasyWorship. We feel that EasyWorship works for almost anybody, but we understand that there are many reasons that someone might pick another product over EasyWorship. If a free product meets your needs, we would like to encourage you to explore that option. We will always consider you part of our EW family and will be sad to see you go but your license for EW will still be good if you all decide to return to our product.