What is the best computer to use with EasyWorship?

EasyWorship doesn't recommend a specific computer, but we do recommend certain hardware for EasyWorship to function properly.

You can check out the full system requirements HERE.

If you do have any questions about hardware that you're looking to purchase or that you already have, you are welcome to ask those here.

You can also ask other community members if they have any experience with any of the hardware you're wanting to buy so you can have confidence that you're choosing the right thing.

Completely ignore the Minimum Requirements as they are NOT sufficient for the latest releases of EW7. If you want to use 7.2.x.x start with the Recommended Specs. And using a spinning rust hard drive is just asking for issues if you are running Windows 10. With Win 10 an SSD becomes a requirement for smooth running. Do NOT let anyone tell you different. 

Hi looking to upgrade to EW7. Will this spec be ok?  Dell g5 and AMD Ryzen™ 7 4800H Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Graphics

Windows 10 Home 64bit
AMD Radeon™ RX 5600M 6GB GDDR6
16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 3200MHz
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

The CPU will be fine. Our Church uses a Ryzen 5 3600 and it has absolutely no problems running EW. According to Passmark the 4800H is about 10% faster than our 3600, and well above even the recommended spec.

While EW recommends Nvidia graphics, appropriate AMD cards with similar specs to Nvidia cards will work just fine. EW had a lot of support issues with an extra app that AMD installed with their drivers by default several years ago. It was a predecessor to AMD's ReLive that they discontinued several years ago and those drivers wouldn't work on AMD cards from the last 3 or so years (think the 4x0 series and newer). In fact I have found appropriate AMD cards are preferred over Nvidia cards since AMD doesn't drop a new driver out every week or so like Nvidia does. Since 80 to 90% of those drivers are for specific game enhancement they do nothing for EW so they have the potential to do more harm than good. I've been running an AMD RX 480 for several years and it is the most stable card I have ever used in the last 40 years. Prior to that our church has run AMD cards on EW since 2011 or so when we started with EW. NEVER had problem one with them.

All of that said, your 5600M is about 10% lower than my 480, and is well above the GTX 1050 on EW Recommended list. It should do just fine. It might struggle a bit with 4k motion backgrounds, but other than that you should be fine.

Thank you Donal. Great information. You certainly have an in-depth knowledge. This gives me the confidence that the machine I have my eye on will work fine. To date this is the one that’seems to provide the most power/performance for the price.

My pleasure. Hope it works out for you.

One thing I forgot to mention is to double check that it has 2 video out ports and that it will work with both of them as well as the laptop screen. I've seen too many laptops that will only work with 2 screens total.

Hi Donal. It has just one hdmi output. Our current EW6 pc has vga output. We have a vga connection to a cable that runs under the floor from back of church to front and then splits out to projector and two front of church monitors. I was assuming that I would use hdmi to vga adapter on the new pc and this would drive the projector and front monitors. Does this sound ok?  Is there others reason I would need 2nd output from pc.

Hi Donal.  Just checking again the pc has. 

HDMI 2.0 x 1

- Mini DisplayPort 1.4 x 1

I wasn’t familiar with mini display port capability.

The reason for the 2nd output is for the Foldback, or Stage View Display Confidence Monitors (facing the stage instead of the audience). If you aren't using that option then you would only need one output from the laptop. Foldback has a slightly different look than the main FOH screen look as it includes some additional information.

http://throwback.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/8144-display-foldback-stage-display-

Mini Display Port is just a smaller, square connector. The capability isn't any different than a standard Display Port as long as they are the same series. There should be no difference between connecting your currant VGA to either the MDP or the HDMI connector. Just make sure the adapter you get is an ACTIVE one. They only cost a few dollars more but are well worth it, especially if you decide to use both outputs with your Laptop Screen with AMD graphics.

Great. Thanks Donal.

My Pleasure

Just to let you know , purchased this machine  as discussed in thread and all good.

Dell g5 and AMD Ryzen™ 7 4800H Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Graphics

Windows 10 Home 64bit
AMD Radeon™ RX 5600M 6GB GDDR6
16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 3200MHz
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

Good to hear. And thanks for letting us know. Too many people don't bother to let the rest of us know that something worked.

I've been thinking to buy Lenovo Ideapad L340 15 with this kind spesification : SPESIFIKASI : - Prosesor : AMD Ryzen 7 3700U (4C / 8T, 2.3 / 4.0GHz, 2MB L2 / 4MB L3) - Memory : 8GB - Storage : 1TB HDD 5400rpm 2.5" - Graphics : Integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics - OS : Windows 10 (64bit) Pre Installed Is it can running EW7 smoothly?
How about this kind of specification? - Prosesor : AMD Ryzen 7 3700U (4C / 8T, 2.3 / 4.0GHz, 2MB L2 / 4MB L3) - Memory : 8GB - Storage : 1TB HDD 5400rpm 2.5" - Graphics : Integrated AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics - OS : Windows 10 (64bit) Pre Installed
Login to post a comment