Invalid Class Error When Trying To Register
Modified on: Mon, 26 Jul, 2021 at 8:02 AM
The error, "Invalid class" appears when trying to login and register EasyWorship.
- Left click on the Windows Logo Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on Command Prompt at the top, and click Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command: winmgmt /salvagerepository and hit Enter.
- Once that is done running, type in the next command: winmgmt /verifyrepository and hit Enter.
- After that is done running, type in the next command: winmgmt /resetrepository and hit Enter.
- If you get an error “WMI repository reset failed. Error code:0x8007041B. Facility: Win32”, then stop all Dependency Services on the WMI service by running the following commands:
Type in the command: net stop winmgmt /y and hit Enter.
Then type in the command: winmgmt /resetrepository and hit Enter.
- After all these commands have been run, restart your computer and try to login to EasyWorship again.
- If this does not fix the issue, open the Command Prompt and Run as Administrator again following the steps above.
- Type the next command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
- This will take a long time to run, so just let it run until it is 100% completed.
- Then type the next command: sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- This will also take a long time to run, so let it run until it is 100% completed.
- After these commands have been run, restart your computer and try to login to EasyWorship again.
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact EasyWorship Support.