Alternate Output is almost here!

You've been asking and we've been listening. 
Coming soon to EasyWorship subscription: Alternate Output will finally be here to make your livestreaming even easier! Use the Main Output for your songs and sermons, Foldback for whoever is on stage, and Alternate Output for environmental in-house projection OR to give your online viewers a different display. It's entirely up to you. We love giving you as many options as possible so you can create the best worship experience for your church.

9 people like this

Not yet. They would have made a post about it if it was.

Thanks for asking about it. The update for now is that we hoped to have the Beta out by now, but we have hit a couple of snags during in-house testing and our developers are trying to get a couple of major bugs fixed before we release it as a beta. Thanks for your patience as we work these out. I will definitely post here when we release it for Beta testing.

They are keeping you guys busy today Dan. Questions seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

Yes. Thanks for your help Don!

No problem. I have more time than money these days.

Hi Everyone,
The highly anticipated Alternate Output Beta is almost ready for testing. It should be available on Monday, April 12. If you would like to be a beta tester, you can join our private FB group for beta testing. You must have a current subscription to be able to test the beta. There will be questions when you join the group that HAVE to be answered in order to be approved. If the questions are not answered, you will not be approved to join the beta testing group. We can't wait to have you all try it out! Here is the link to the private group if you want to join! 

Just a reminder that you need to answer the questions that come up when you ask to join the beta group (from my previous reply above). If we can't verify that you have a current subscription, or if you don't answer the questions, your request will be denied. So, when answering the email question, please make sure you enter the correct email address that your subscription license is registered under.

Hi Dan, I would like to join but I don't do Facebook, We will definitely be using the 4th Output but not totally sure if is going to give me what I want, We have the Campus Annual Subscription.

I'm just getting set up to upgrade our EasyWorship installation and PC and to add live streaming at our church but since I am at the ordering hardware phase its too soon for me to try to sign up for the beta.  We are on a subscription so hoping that the new functionality will help us do what I am planning to do.  Initially I am hoping to just use the NDI feed from EasyWorship like it was another camera in vMix so that I can transition to it, picture in picture, etc. and then work up to it from there. 

I really feel left out in all this since we have a one time purchase licence.

How are we supposed to convince our churches of features we are not previewed to.

our purchase was based on testing and demonstrations. At least it should be available with a watermark for all to test.

Kobena, I would assume that once the new version is fully released, you would be able to download a trial version of it. Right now, though, it is in Beta testing so it is not a released product.

Once it is released as a full version, the demo on our website will have all features available for anyone wanting to test it out. 

But it would seem unfair if the "new version" release is say a couple of years away!

Subscribers would be using this feature and a few others we are already deprived of years before it would be available to one time owners.

I understand what you mean Kobena, but as a person that works developing software for a living myself, I can tell you that funding the continued support and development of a software product on one time licensing fees can be difficult.  Especially at this point in the development when the software is still in beta, that is also an extra effort to support and respond to the beta testers while continuing to do all the normal support and updating as well.

I don't work for EasyWorship and I cannot and do not speak for EasyWorship at all but this is why it is becoming more and more common for software products to move to the subscription model.  At least EasyWorship still offers the one time license option which is very nice.  Many products do not these days.

@Steve. I appreciate the challenges developers face these days and I understand the gravitation towards subscription-based licence but as Easyworship still offers both licences it would be fair to meet us halfway and to totally shut us out!