Deferred

Remove background from item

FEATURE REQUEST QUESTIONS:

How would you like the feature to work?

I would like "remove background" to be added as an option following a right click on an item in the schedule

Why is this feature important to you?

I had a panic during a live stream because I had dropped a video onto a song when I intended to add it as a separate item on the schedule and I couldn't see how to remove it quickly. 

It is very easy to drop videos onto songs and it takes several steps to remove them again.

1 person likes this idea

An option to immediately remove the background of the entire song is nice. (I recently had the situation that I applied a theme without background (related to alpha channel on livestream) over a song but a black background remained. Only after selecting the whole song, setting the background from none to color via inspector and back to none, it was really gone...)

It does seem odd that it is so easy to add a background and so difficult to remove it again.

Are you wanting to remove the background completely and have it just go to black?

When you drag and drop media onto a song, it doesn't put that background over the previous background. It actually replaces it, so removing the background would set it to a black background.

Are you just wanting an "undo" for the schedule for when mistakes like that are made?

I would set it to "none" so that it remains usable for alpha channel over a livestream. Black hiddes all camera views.

Thanks.

Basically it would be to revert to default. An "undo" would not help if the error was noticed after a few other changes had been made.

The main use would be to retrieve the situation where a picture or video was accidentally dropped onto a song.

Many users are not sufficiently experienced to know how to use the "inspector" route to remove the background.

Thanks

Login to post a comment