[Tips & Tricks] searching for a song in the database

Years ago in our version of easy worship we could start typing a line from a song and the app would search the whole data base and not just the titles of the songs. Since moving to easy worship 2009 I have really missed this feature. In fact I prefer to use the old version. Am I missing a trick or is it just not possible in EW2009

The old version could only search the first line of each slide. This version can search any word in any slide and provide instant results. Click the icon on the left of the search box to change the search mode.
This training video will show you how at about 30 seconds.
http://training.easyworship.com/support ... worship-6-
And because of it has now become almost unusable within the service/worship time.

After a 'first line' search you are swamped with all number of song titles. And seeing which song the worship leader has called for by first line is virtually impossible when you have little or no control over the columns displayed in the return listing.

Unusable

Shalom
Hi Kevin,
If you click the button to the left of the search field you can search by any word in any song and if you insert a quote before you the text you are searching it will bring back only songs that contain that specific phrase.
This training video will show you how to take advantage of all the search features.
http://training.easyworship.com/support ... 4000019682
Yup - I know that and I use that

The problem comes with the list of songs so retrieved.

There are just so many and it is almost impossible to sift these quickly

[list:25rtc1v5]Partly as there are so many
Mostly as it does not highlight what phrase is being used as the target for the selection. So where it is "Let's go up" - where is that phrase in the first line - in fact we can't even set things up so the first line is displayed. When a worship leader or member of the congregation call out that phrase they and we (the technicians) can often immediately remember to context - but not the Title.[/list:u:25rtc1v5]

Please bear in mind we have been users of this software for quite some years now - so we do know the kind of basics you suggest.

Shalom Kevin
so in previous versions of EW when it displayed a large number of first lines that were the same, how did you sort through those to get the right one?
And you are using the " as explained in the video to make sure it searches by phrase?
"So where it is "Let's go up" - where is that phrase in the first line"

You could always list every song you use by its first line - even if that means listing many of them twice.

An additional tweak would be to put the title in brackets so you know it is in the database twice should you every want to correct something.

I'm not sure how to do that so that you end up with two copies rather than simply an altered version of the original. maybe change in the schedule only then do a 'check schedule for changes' to get it added rather than replaced.