[v6 General Discussion] Background videos go black in looping presentation

I'm trying to create a series of slides in a presentation to run as a looping announcement at the start of a service.

Right now, I have three videos added as backgrounds on three slides and it seems to generally work.

However, every once in a while, it will play an entire video, but leave the screen black. What's odd is that it happens every other video for a few loops, then returns to normal.

It was no small task to figure out how to make the presentation work in the first place, so it could be I'm doing it wrong. I configured the presentation as follows:

1. Create a blank slide

2. Inspect the slide and set the properties as follows:

a. Theme Settings - Presentation is set to looping

b. Slide settings - Advance is set to delayed (seems like automatic should work, but it doesn't...)

c. Background Settings - Media usage set to movie, Repeating set to single

Any ideas on what might be causing the issue?

System specs:

i7-4790 @ 4GHz (Win 10)

16 GB ram

2x NVidia GT 720

D3d 12.0

Nvidia driver 399.24

EW build 6.7.14.0

"Previous versions of EasyWorship required third party decoders to support video formats like MP4, MOV and DVD. EasyWorship 7 only needs a decoder for DVD playback. Everything else is included."

This is from Support Document "Codecs and Viewers".
Make sure you use mp4 files instead of wmv files. Sometimes the Microsoft codec decides not to work, so it just doesn't render. Also since you are on version 6, make sure you install quicktime player. You can get it here.

Just tested it - seems to work better.

That said, I presume the Quicktime dependency was dropped in v7? If so, I may push the upgrade to eliminate that.
Make sure you use mp4 files instead of wmv files. Sometimes the Microsoft codec decides not to work, so it just doesn't render. Also since you are on version 6, make sure you install quicktime player. You can get it here.