[v6 General Discussion] PPT position error

Not aware of any changes to our system/ setup (new carpet shouldn't be a factor). Came in to test PPTs for worship Sunday and they would not display properly. See attached image. Position of PPT slides was about 1/5 of screen to the right, leaving a black bar on the left edge, and left 1/5 of slide unviewable.

All songs, presentations, scriptures created in EasyWorship display properly.

Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.431

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40 GHZ

16 GB RAM

EasyWorship 6.7.9.1

Powerpoint Troubleshooting Log

INSTALLED VERSION INFORMATION

** ComObject32 Info **

FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID

FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID\Default

FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\LocalServer32

FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\LocalServer32\Default

> Full Version Added (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE, 32)

** ComObject64 Info **

NOT FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID

** Registry32 Info **

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications\PowerPoint

! Full Version Skipped (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE, 32) - Already added.

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot\PowerPoint

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot\Path

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot\PowerPoint

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot\Path

! Full Version Skipped (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE, 32) - Already added.

! Viewer Skipped (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\PPTVIEW.EXE, 32) - File missing.

** Registry64 Info **

FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot

NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

You are not alone with this issue! There are several comments on this forum along the same lines. Last Sunday was a nightmare for us because it just happened without warning (the church had not been used all week as it was school Half Term, so nothing had changed - not even the carpet). We are now heading towards next Sunday with no sign of a fix. :(
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our development team is aware of this and are working on it. This is due to a Microsoft office update that changed the way PowerPoint handles DPI scaling from what we can tell. When we have a solution it will be available as soon as possible.

You have a few options.

*Create the presentation in EasyWorship.

*Export your PowerPoint as jpeg images and load them into the schedule then combine them into one presentation.

Here's a link to that article.

*Open PowerPoint outside of EasyWorship and run it outside of EasyWorship.

*Try the work around we have posted our KB.

Here is the link to it
Roger, is this problem more of a Windows 10 and PPT 2016 issue or does it affect all versions of Windows and PPT?
This is due to the recent Office 365 1805 update. It doesn't affect other versions of office. You can also uninstall the latest updates to Office and go back to build 1706 and the problem will go away.
That's good to know. I've run into a lot of other issues in Office 2013 and 2016 (not related to EW) on our church secretaries computer so I'm not surprised. This is one of the reasons why I haven't downgraded our soundroom system from Windows 7 and Office 2010 and have no intentions of doing so in the foreseeable future.
*Create the presentation in EasyWorship.

Limited functionality and can only be done if you have access to EW - and certainly not when a visiting speaker arrives with a PPT on a usb stick ten minutes before the service starts.

*Export your PowerPoint as jpeg images and load them into the schedule then combine them into one presentation.

Here's a link to that article. http://throwback.easyworship.com/soluti ... 4000014889

Even less functionality - lose slide builds etc - and time as above.

*Open PowerPoint outside of EasyWorship and run it outside of EasyWorship.

Church Treasurer wondering why we have invested in an expensive annual subscription to EW7?

*Try the work around we have posted our KB.

Doesn't work for everyone - not us certainly.

This is due to the recent Office 365 1805 update. It doesn't affect other versions of office. You can also uninstall the latest updates to Office and go back to build 1706 and the problem will go away.

How easy is that to do?

Looking forward to a proper solution... :(
Hi, I was able to create a batch file to roll back to a previous build of office that doesn't have this problem.

See this KB article.
Thanks for this Roger. I will try it on Friday - after much prayer and even some fasting ...
Thanks Roger. Sorry if I created a duplicate thread. I didn’t find any others when I searched. We did the separate PowerPoint window thing on Sunday, but I know my crew will be glad to avoid that extra hassle this week. I’ll stay on the lookout for Word of a permanent fix. Expect to see that news posted here when it’s ready?

Hi, I was able to create a batch file to roll back to a previous build of office that doesn't have this problem.

See this KB article.

For the record, this seems to have worked - at least I have left it all working correctly today - so thank you Roger. Hopefully when the system fires up on Sunday morning it will still be OK! :o

[i]Please can you update the information as soon as a permanent fix is available so that I can revert 365 to automatic updates because while reverting 365 back to build 1803 makes EW work again, it also misses out the security update features of build 1804 and I wouldn't want to run 365 without up-to-date security for very long.[/i]