[v6 General Discussion] Scripture text no outline or shadow

Hi,

I've had this problem before (about 2 years ago - ver 6.3.1). Take a look at the first screenshot below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akzsa2zw1v691 ... 7.jpg?dl=0

I'm using a scripture theme (Bible Back) and have given it a crazy red outline in inspector - this has been dragged onto the second item in the schedule but when it goes live there is no outline or shadow to the text (the scripture reference displays OK). It's not just this theme - irrespective of whichever theme I select - the outline and shadow don't show. Here's a screenshot to show what I get...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pigo7jrnx4hq ... 7.jpg?dl=0

On the top menu bar I've clicked Edit, Options and set up the scripture font/outline/shadow as I want it. Setting any scripture themeas the Scripture default theme makes no difference - still no outline or shadow.

Any help appreciated - thanks.
Eric.

If the songs won't rebuild, it sounds like there is corruption, or you have a really large song database and you need to let it finish the work.

This sounds like a database issue of some kind.
I'm going to setup a ticket for you, so you can work more closely with one of our techs and possibly setup a remote control session.
Hi Rodger,

The media rebuild completed OK but the Song rebuild stopped at about 20% of the way through - showing "not responding". I tried the rebuild several times after this and it stopped (roughly in the same place) on the Song rebuild every time.

I made the other changes as suggested - the problem still exists. I also tried re-installing the program again but that didn't help either.

Here's something else that I found - and it might help with a diagnosis of the issue - If a video scripture background is selected everything appears as it should - with outline and shadow.

As a temporary fix - I'm just using a graphic with a black background for scripture - so there is no need for outline or shadow, but it would be great to have this fixed a.s.a.p.

Thanks for your continued support.
Regards, Eric.
Try the following.
Click on the profiles menu, utilities, then rebuild search keys.

Next Click the profiles menu, then profiles manager and click edit.
Click the Sort Order tab. Click use Windows User Locale and see what happens.
Hi Rodger,

I went to Edit, Options, Scripture font and reset the font (which invokes the default font, outline and shadow) - I also did the same for all fonts (in Songs, Presentations and Alerts) and the prblem still exists.

Something I've just noticed - if I select just 1 verse of scripture (using the default scripture theme) it appears as it should in the Preview Output (with outline and shadow) - double clicking this verse in Preview Output sends it to the live screen (complete with outline and shadow).

Might it help to re-install the software or would that not work?

Thanks for your help with this.

Regards, Eric.
Hi,
Go to edit, options, scripture, Scripture Font
Click on the outline and shadow tabs and change it to something other than none.
Do the same for any other area that is not receiving the outline or shadow from the theme.
The theme will then be able to override any other settings, but evidently the theme yields to the options in this respect.
I'll log it as a bug for future updates.
Hi Rodger,

I can confirm we're using the latest version 6.7.8.

Regards, Eric.
Hi,
Thanks for reporting this. I haven't been able to replicate this issue. Have you updated EasyWorship to the latest version? The current version is 6.7.8.