[v6 General Discussion] PowerPoint stalls on GoLive

We have an ongoing problem where PowerPoint intermittently 'hangs' on GoLive. This happens with various sizes of PowerPoint and invariably happens during the live service and not when we are having a run through before the service.

Because of the problem we always thoroughly test the schedule before the service and invariably (well 99%) the PowerPoint(s) fire up with no problem (after an initial pause, especially on the first PP in a schedule). Then very frequently a PP will hang when we try to send it live during a service. By 'Hang' I mean that it will typically appear in the preview area but not move onto the live screen.

We have carefully assessed as many aspects of our setup as we can. We are using the latest Office 365 PowerPoint - and have run repair as suggested in the Troubleshooting guide. We have removed the older version of PP and the Viewer. We have a fully updated Windows 10 installation.

Other points:
* Occasionally PowerPoint itself will appear on the task bar (with the PP from EasyWorship)
* Our projector, internet and mouse are connected via a Plugable USB docking station (this has never caused any problems)
* Our laptop is an i3 with 4 GB of memory
* Apart from this issue we have never had any problems with either the software or the laptop
* We build our schedules at home and then pick up the schedule on Sunday from Dropbox
* Some PP are .ppt and some are .pptx - but I assume this shouldn't be relevant
* I have excluded all the EW software from McAfee

I worked in IT for many years so am used to analysis and diagnosis of application problems but I am baffled by this (it's been happening for some months - I can't pinpoint when it started but we have been using EW6 - upgraded from 2009 - almost since release and I'm sure we didn't have this problem initially but in this time we have had Windows 10, Office 365 etc as well)

I attach a screenshot. This was on 6.7.5. We are still having the problem with 6.7.7.

I ran the PP troubleshooter and this is the output
INSTALLED VERSION INFORMATION

** ComObject32 Info **
FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID
FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID\Default
FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\LocalServer32
FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\LocalServer32\Default
> Full Version Added (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE, 32)

** ComObject64 Info **
NOT FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID

** Registry32 Info **
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications\PowerPoint
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications\Path
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot\PowerPoint
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot\Path
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications\PowerPoint
! Full Version Skipped (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE, 32) - Already added.
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot\PowerPoint
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot\Path
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot\PowerPoint
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot\Path
! Full Version Skipped (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE, 32) - Already added.
! Viewer Skipped (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\PPTVIEW.EXE, 32) - File missing.

** Registry64 Info **
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

Make sure the preview windows is not active in Windows as I have seen this cause the issue before
2016 version
Still having the same problem! Aagh! Any other suggestions

Which version of PowerPoint do you have installed?
Still having the same problem! Aagh! Any other suggestions
We've had our share of problems with Easyworship and Powerpoint.
But I've begun to run the attached script every sunday before service, and it has helped a lot.

Our pastor uses Office for Mac, and we're using Easyworship on Windows at church. The script opens the PowerPoint files, sets the filename field in the PowerPoint document as the actual filename and saves the file again - on every PowerPoint file in the folder.

This has made PowerPoint usage on our church computer rock solid. We think that while saving on the church computer, PowerPoint ensures compatibility with the church computer.

Change change in Title field can be read about in this article: https://support.easyworship.com/support ... -name-ew6-
The Easyworship team didn't provide an "Ignore title filed" button anywhere in Easyworship
We have the same problem, powerpoint 'hangs' when we come to use it and pp app appears on task bar like others have already posted. We have just bought a new laptop (i5(7th gen), 8gb ram and a 2tb hdd) and installed the latest version of easyworhip. This problem has been on going since we started using the new version (previously used easyworship 2007 on a different machine).
I have uninstalled and reinstalled program, and have tried the other suggestions in this post but nothing works. Help!
It's possible that you have remnants of previous versions of Office that could be muddling things.
First try installing PowerPoint 2010 viewer and set EW to use the viewer in edit, options, advanced.
Please download PowerPoint viewer from the US download page at the following link.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=13
Once it is installed, try through EW and see how it works.
You may also benefit from uninstalling all copies of office using the office uninstaller app.
Here is the link.
https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... df5dbf61d8
Then reinstall office.
Also make sure that your virus scanner has exceptions for the following files. Adding an exception for the folder will not help, you need to add the exception for them specifically.
C:Program Files (x86)SoftouchEasyworship 6
EasyWorship.exe, EasyWorshipHelper.exe, ezwHookpp.32.exe, ezwHookpp.64.exe
If either of the hook files are missing, you'll need to reinstall EW.
Had a different issue this Sunday (which I have seen intermittently before). When we sent the PP live in EW the first PP slide appeared in the preview area but the PP app appeared in the task bar.

It became clear that we could advance the slides using the arrow keys - but we were advancing the slides in the PP app. In EW the first slide remained locked in the preview area.

If we can't resolve this which seems increasingly likely can anybody suggest workarounds? One thing that seem to work is to initiate the PowerPoint presentation in Powerpoint - it then appears to be possible to 'flip' between EW & PP by clicking on the relevant icon on the taskbar. The relevant app then 'takes' over the live screen. Messy if you have multiple PPs.

If a preacher just wants to show a few single images I guess we can load the images directly into EW.

Another thought is to create multiple schedules with each PP in a separate schedule - I haven't tried this, I guess we may still get the problem with the PP not going live.

This problem is v. frustrating. I agree with the other poster that the problem seems to have worsened with later releases.
Please make sure you have added exceptions to your virus scanner for the following files.
C:Program Files (x86)SoftouchEasyworship 6
Easyworship.exe, EasyWorshipHelper.exe, ezwHookpp.32.exe and ezwHookpp.64.exe
You'll need to add them individually and not just the folder they reside in.

This article will help with the 183 error if you get it in the future.
https://support.easyworship.com/support ... 000014674-

This article may also be helpful.
https://support.easyworship.com/support ... 4000008151
Just had exact same issue. Always get a major pause when PowerPoint goes live, (which never used to happen, getting worse on later Ew6 versions. ) makes for a really pregnant pause when the pastor asks to have the PowerPoint. Never ever seen the PowerPoint app appear in the task bar before flashing away as requiring attention. Ew6 then stopped responding & had to be shut down & started again. Was fine after that. Have latest version as had the error 183 or whatever it was & ended up having to do a complete restore as didn't hit abort . I know I don't have the correct recommended graphics but having an i7 & 12g ram & Ssd hybrid drive it should cope as it has done for last 2 years. Looking forward to getting this fixed.
We're having a similar problem. It seemed to start at 6.7.5, and is worse at 6.7.8. To begin with, it was just videos that intermittently wouldn't start. Now it can be any schedule item: songs, bible verses, powerpoints.

Does the machine meet the minimum requirements?
I will update to 6.7.8 next time I am in church. We have an all-age service on Sunday with a quite a few PP so my fingers are crossed.

If there is a problem with drivers/graphics would this not be a problem all the time? It's the inconsistent nature of the problem that is infuriating.The PPs invariably work (often multiple times) prior to the service then stall in the middle of the service.

If we close down EW and restart and jump straight to the PP then it will project (after a pause).

We can't recreate the problem on other machines.

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions of things to try.

If it does not happen on other machines then it is something specific to this machine. It could be the video card not being powerful enough, it could be overheating it could be many different things. In order to track down the solution we will need to narrow down what could be causing it. If the video card is way below specs this would be the main reason. If you have a low end CPU and low end video card this will also cause many issues.

Do you have more than one version of PowerPoint installed? If so you will need to remove the one that you are not going to use and then run a repair on the version that you leave installed. Also if you have the PowerPoint viewer installed you will need to remove it as well. And even if you do all this it will not matter if the hardware is to far below he minimum requirements.
We're having a similar problem. It seemed to start at 6.7.5, and is worse at 6.7.8. To begin with, it was just videos that intermittently wouldn't start. Now it can be any schedule item: songs, bible verses, powerpoints.
I will update to 6.7.8 next time I am in church. We have an all-age service on Sunday with a quite a few PP so my fingers are crossed.

If there is a problem with drivers/graphics would this not be a problem all the time? It's the inconsistent nature of the problem that is infuriating.The PPs invariably work (often multiple times) prior to the service then stall in the middle of the service.

If we close down EW and restart and jump straight to the PP then it will project (after a pause).

We can't recreate the problem on other machines.

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions of things to try.
Please make sure you have updated to 6.7.8. The play button in the live output makes me think that the update hasn't been installed, as this appears on older versions when the creators update is installed.
If you are using 6.7.8, then that means that there is an issue with rendering the output, and possibly directx is having issues or the video card/driver is having trouble.
There could just be a deadlock somewhere.
Have you tested on another computer that would come closer to meeting our recommended system requirements?
Here is a link to our system requirements https://support.easyworship.com/support ... 6000047711