[v6 General Discussion] Library sharing?

Do y'all know of a feature or have a good workflow for sharing song libraries among computers running EW under the same license? Right now, when we add or update songs, we have to edit in three places (sanctuary computer, church secretary computer, my computer).

You can use a schedule file to get the updates to each computer. The check for changes feature in 6.7. 5 allows you to update or import songs from the schedule.

You can use a shared database, where one computer acts as the server, or the database is stored on a central server and the other computers access it.

The first method is safer and easier. The second method works, but all of the computers need to be on a wired connection to the network. I recommend a Gigabit connection to make sure media and database access is quick.
At the church we have two PC's One for EW and dedicated for projection. The second is dedicated for recording.
Both have the latest version of EW installed and both are connected via an Ethernet cable.
Both are also running Resilio Sync. It is free but you can also use the pro paid version.
We have this software set to update the EW data folder and all other media folders. That means if I set up a new song on the Video machine, within a few moments, that song is now available on the projection machine and vice versa. Great for a backup.
That also works for Video's, Audio and Image files.
Very handy as we can update the song list while running EW.
Not sure what the guys at EW would say but so far we have had no issues.
I have it also linked to my PC at home. The problem though is that all PC's need to be running at the same time - which does not happen so I update my home database manually just by copying the Databases folder from your working folder and pasting it over what I have at home. Or, you can go a bit deeper and open the actual database\data folder and copy all files with the word "Song" then paste it onto your other PC in the same folders. That will then only update just the song info.
You can use a schedule file to get the updates to each computer. The check for changes feature in 6.7. 5 allows you to update or import songs from the schedule.

You can use a shared database, where one computer acts as the server, or the database is stored on a central server and the other computers access it.

The first method is safer and easier. The second method works, but all of the computers need to be on a wired connection to the network. I recommend a Gigabit connection to make sure media and database access is quick.

[i]Rodger, I tried this method of using the schedule file to update my computer, but when I imported the files, the individual tabs showed up black. Anything different I may try? Thanks in advance! [/i]
Can you provide a screenshot of this?
Thanks Roger, but I finally figured it out. I had to uninstall, and reinstall one more time. Then I went into the previous files we've used, and update my resources! It worked perfectly!! Sorry to bother you about that!

On another note, there's a thread on here concerning updating the username. Would you so kindly read that thread? I've requested mine to be updated from my personal email to another name. As you could imagine, I'd like this done quickly to removed access to my personal email.

Thank you so much!