[v6 General Discussion] Cant get in to Easyworship - wont update - runtime errors

Hi,
I'm hoping someone might be able to help. We are having problems with our Easyworship on the church computer. We were getting lots of error messages, and were asked if we wanted to update to the latest version of easyworship, so we selected yes and it went about doing it stuff. But the update failed and it asked if we would like to retry, abort, or skip. We selected retry, and the same thing happened again, so we have aborted. But we still cant get in to easy worship. We get 'run time error 216at00408F3E' and nothing seems to work.

Please can anyone advise us on what we can do and how we can update to the lasted version without keeping getting the 'retry, abort or skip' option and going round in circles? We have removed quicktime as read this can cause problems. but it doesnt seem to have made any difference.

Thanks
Jodie

Are you running it under a local administrator account? If not, maybe try that.
Hi, Yes we are running it in the administrator account. Easy worship wont even open now. no idea what is going on
Only other thing I can think is to uninstall/reinstall and see if it helps. You can download the latest version from EW's website.
Thanks, I think I might try that. Do you know if I can back up our song and presentation database without being able to get in to the program? I really dont want to lose everything! Is it possible to save it somehow?

Thanks for your help
Jodie
Well, it is all saved in one folder. Not sure where your's is, but if you can find it, just make a copy somewhere else. Uninstalling/reinstalling should not remove i think.

The default location is C:UsersPublicDocumentsSoftouchEasyWorship
Thats great, thank you! I will give it a try