[v6 General Discussion] Drag and Drop Issues!

Can anyone explain how the new drag and drop functionality is supposed to work? I'm finding it a complete nightmare. I try and move items around in the schedule and they simply disappear -- or so it seems. In fact they are generally now part of song. This is NOT what I want!!! How can I avoid this happening? It's so counter-intuitive.

On the latest release Build 7.4 the right click 'move item up or move item down' isn't working for me. Generally nothing happens - sometimes an item goes to the end of the schedule, sometimes it will move up or down one item. Nightmare!

Disappointed that the bug causing first scripture slide to not be emboldened hasn't been fixed.

But I didn't want to use PowerPoint anymore and wanted to bring what I had already created into EasyWorship so I didn't have to start over. So this was a good solution for me, because I didn't want to have to work in two programs each week to get my announcements done and worship service done. This made since for my purposes because my intent was to stop using PowerPoint and use what I had created in PPT as long as it was still relevant but create new content in EW.
But I didn't want to use PowerPoint anymore and wanted to bring what I had already created into EasyWorship so I didn't have to start over. So this was a good solution for me, because I didn't want to have to work in two programs each week to get my announcements done and worship service done. This made since for my purposes because my intent was to stop using PowerPoint and use what I had created in PPT as long as it was still relevant but create new content in EW.

Gothcha.

Are there plans to implement animations in the EW editor?
Yes. I don't have details on the who, what, when, where, why and how.
Hi Crawford69,
If you update to 6.7.5, you'll find that this is no longer an issue. In 6.7.5 you'll find that you have to hold down the ctrl key to drag items into each other. Hope this helps!

When an item is dragged into the schedule and placed at the very bottom, the partial black line can be seen and the item can be dropped - intentionally or unintentionally - on top of the last item in the schedule, even if the ctrl key is NOT being held down.
I just tested it and it looks like images can be dropped on other items in the whole schedule without holding ctrl.
I just tested it and it looks like images can be dropped on other items in the whole schedule without holding ctrl.

That's what I was going to post. It doesn't do it with songs, but it can be done with images.
I always drag and drop images onto songs -that's how I change a song's background for each service. So, I hope that stays. I would think holding the ctrl key down would add the picture to the end of the element, like showing a picture at the end of whatever you had in there. Just dragging and dropping normally would add the image as a background to every slide in the song
I always drag and drop images onto songs -that's how I change a song's background for each service. So, I hope that stays. I would think holding the ctrl key down would add the picture to the end of the element, like showing a picture at the end of whatever you had in there. Just dragging and dropping normally would add the image as a background to every slide in the song

Yeah, that is right. Was not thinking about that.
Been using EW9 for a few years and we have just made the move to EW6. We are having problems with the drag and drop functionality too. Have watched the video and the interface is not intuitive with the lines above and below the song. Until this is sorted would it be a good idea to reintroduce the up and down arrows. We are thinking of reverting to EW9 which was easier to use and did all we needed.
Thanks
Been using EW9 for a few years and we have just made the move to EW6. We are having problems with the drag and drop functionality too. Have watched the video and the interface is not intuitive with the lines above and below the song. Until this is sorted would it be a good idea to reintroduce the up and down arrows. We are thinking of reverting to EW9 which was easier to use and did all we needed.
Thanks

My recommendation is to be patient with it. EW 6 and now EW 7 will be worth it. No way I would ever want to go back now.

6.7.5 will require you to hold the ctrl key down in order to drag into each other. This should help prevent accidental combining of items.

Rodger,

Just to confirm what others have said, this is NOT the case. I am running 6.7.13.0 and am continually frustrated by images, videos and audio files ending up in the middle of a song when I am trying to drag and drop them WITHOUT holding down the ctrl key.
This will happen if you drag from resources to the schedule. It does help to disable the autoexpand function in the schedule.

This will happen if you drag from resources to the schedule. It does help to disable the autoexpand function in the schedule.

That is a great help actually. I wasn't aware of that option.

Thanks,

nolly