[v6 General Discussion] Saving in EW

When does EW save things? Here is the history and why I ask -
I edited songs in the inspector, changing themes and words, duplicating slides and clicking ok on the inspector. I moved several images to themes and then used them in the inspector to be the theme for that song. I edited 4 songs. Then we had a song as a ppt that needed edits. I edited in ppt through EW like we are able to do. There were glitches, which will be mentioned in another post. The result of the glitches was that the wheel started spinning, didn't look like it was going to stop, had been going on 15? sec., so I did a force quit through task manager. (Service was to start in 15 min. and I needed to get EW restarted and edit another song.)
When I restarted EW, some of my changes and edits were saved, but not all of them. The themes that I had moved to the theme box weren't there any more, so my themes weren't correct on the slides. My word edits and duplicated slides weren't there.
So when are things saved in EW? If I move an image to themes, when/how does that save? Right away or when I say save? Can I do ctrl-s or do I need to click the save button above the schedule? When are edits made on slides saved? If the theme doesn't save right away and so I lost it when I force quit the program, then are the slides and text that I made on that theme also no longer saved?
Thankfully, we also work with words on paper, so I could talk to the worship leader about what order we would sing the verses and bridges and choruses of each song, and the service could start and run with very few knowing that my morning wasn't quite going as planned!
I like EW. I am glad that you all are here and are working to let me know what I do wrong and what I do right and to change EW to be stable.
Thanks!
Beth

So again, when are things saved? When I use the inspector and make edits on a song and click ok at the bottom, are my changes saved? OR do I need to click save on my pane page as well? Just want to know so that I save things properly.....

Thanks!
Beth
If you are editing a song in the Database, clicking OK saves it.
If you are editing in the schedule, clicking ok saves to the schedule, but you need to click save on the schedule too.
Ok. I would like clicking ok, to save it to the schedule. I understand that it isn't saving it in the song proper, but I would like it to save to the schedule. If you can include that in a future build, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
Beth
If you edit a song either in the schedule or in the database you right click on it and click on edit. Then the song editor opens up, once in the editor you can make changes to the song. After making changes you need to click OK to save them. If you click on Inspector and make changes to the background you need to click Apply to Theme to save it to all the slides in the song. Then click out of the inspector and then click OK.

To add images to themes you have to go to media and then right click the video or image that you want to add to themes and then select Copy To Theme and then select either Song, Scripture or Presentation theme. Once you have done that then the image or video should now be saved under the themes tab.
Ok. I understand that. But it is also true, like Rodger said, that you do have to click both places after editing a song in the schedule. When I edit an item in the schedule, I click ok at the bottom. Then I also need to click save - the place just above the schedule. Then I know it has been saved to the schedule.
I would be nice if after editing an item and clicking ok, that would save it to the schedule. I wouldn't have to do another save.
But I can click ok and click save and that works.

Beth