[v6 General Discussion] Constant Freezing & Lagging

I am running the most recent version of EW on a brand new Windows 10 laptop. The laptop wasn't from the bargain bin.

So, I am wondering why I am constantly dealing with lagging and freezing. I will edit two songs, add them to the schedule, and EW stops responding ("Not Responding" in the header). I have to close it manually and reopen it. This can happen 5-6 times as I am trying to assemble a worship service. Thankfully, it has not occurred during a worship service - only when I am trying to write data to the songs or schedule.

Any tips?

Can you provide the system specs of the laptop you are using?
Is the database stored in the normal location, or on a network / cloud folder like dropbox?
I build my service on a low end laptop every week and I'm not experiencing an issue like this.
What virus scanner do you have on this computer?
Some virus scanners will force EW to run in a sandbox, which will make it run very slow and not function properly.
I think your problem is something I also have experienced.
In EW 2009, when you saved a schedule, the only thing that was saved was the links to all of your schedule items. The schedule files was quite small - unless you ticked the PACK ALL ITEMS IN SCHEDULE. in which case all items would be packed in the schedule.
That is fine if you are planning to transfer the schedule to another PC. Most times you are not doing that.

In EW 6, the default is opposite to EW 2009 and will save all schedule items to the file whenever you save. Check the files size of you schedule files and you may notice they could be huge depending on what is in your schedule. The little box down the bottom needs to be UNTICKED before you save. If you have a video file or two in your schedule, saving, as defaulted, will take forever and you see the circle running round and round. This is not good if you are trying to save just before a program starts as you can do nothing about it. Also if you shut down EW and restart it, then, attempt to open that saved schedule, it will also take forever to reopen.

I have been caught a few times and so have my operators. All have been warned to untick that box before saving. I have drawn this to the attention of EW developers and hope it will revert to what it was in EW 2009 in the next version.
Hi Alvin,

So I have checked file size of schedules, they are all between 125MB-300MB. You are correct that this is huge! I will endeavor to change the setting and see what happens.

Roger:
Specs, as provided by the listing I purchased:
AMD A10-8700P 1.80 GHz with Turbo up to 3.20 GHz, AMD Radeon R6 with shared graphics memory
8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz Memory, 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
15.6 in HD LED touchscreen (1366 x 768), 10-finger multi-touch support
802.11b/g/n high-speed wireless LAN, 10/100 Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0, SD card reader, 1 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, HDMI, Headphone output/Microphone input combo, Waves MaxxAudio Pro, HD Webcam, Backlit keyboard
Windows 10 Home Pre-installed, 4-cell Lithium-ion Battery