[v6 General Discussion] Using Foldback to Display Chords & Lyrics

Hi,

Is it possible to display lyrics and chords on the foldback display, but only show the lyrics (as it does now) on the main sanctuary screen? I'd like to work toward removing music stands from our stage and having the chords and lyrics on the foldback would be a huge help. Either using some kind of capability to display additional text on the foldback or having a separate file that contains the lyrics and chords. This may be similar to the issue posted earlier about "hiding words from public".

Thanks,
Eric

Without wishing to be disloyal to EW - which is pretty good at what it does - have you looked at totally different solution to what you want by using an app called OnSong which seems at the moment only to be available on iOS. It uses iPads in the way that you want, to show lyrics and chords to the musicians and simultaneously outputs words to the screen without the chords showing. The output is configurable with font sizes and colour, backgrounds, videos etc, but is ultimately a lot more basic than EW. You can however, be absolutely certain that the words on the screen are the same as your musicians are using, and you can control advancing the verses using a bluetooth Airturn foot pedal. It's an expensive solution ... but it works well when set up right.
sdodman thanks for your reply. I wish I could do something like that but for right now iPads are a bit out of our budget. There was another EW competitor that could do this by putting the chords and lyrics in the notes section of their system and it projected on a rear screen (or an on-stage monitor). It wasn't a super clean solution as you had to enter the song text and generate spacing for the chords with underscores " _ " but it was something. I was hoping that EW had something similar since we already are users. As you suggested I will take a look at OnSong to see if there's a way to incorporate it or something similar.

Thanks again!
We use OnSong for this as well. I'm not sure if the band would be too happy with our AV guys controlling their music, even if EasyWorship supported it! It would be interesting to see something like that in action though.

Phil
We use OnSong for this as well. I'm not sure if the band would be too happy with our AV guys controlling their music, even if EasyWorship supported it! It would be interesting to see something like that in action though.

Phil

Phil, Thanks. We have our AV folks controlling the song lyrics right now within EW, and admittedly it isn't always optimal. We do prearrange the song so the order is known but if either they or I take a wrong turn it gets interesting. I'm looking at On Song and seeing if it will work. My only major concern is the regular iPad is smaller than a sheet of paper and I have a hard enough time seeing and finding my place on a written page with everything else going on. Thanks again for your post.

Eric