[v6 General Discussion] Useability two: verse/chorus/bridge labelling independent of slide

verse/chorus/bridge labelling independent of slide

prior to the arrival of EW6 it was possible to label verses, chorus, bridge elements and do something like shiftl/return rather than control/return. Whatever was the different keyboard depressions, one created a new slide with a new label and other creates a new label within the current slide.

In either case the "label" was invisible on the display screen and only useful to the EW operator. However such a label did not need to introduce a new slide.

In instances where the song element is very short it would be very useful to have this operator aid available WITHIN slide as before.

Shalom

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feature request. Please make sure you post and vote for feature requests on our feature request forum. We have a link to it in the development pipeline section of this forum.

Your request is not one I've seen before and don't think I've ever seen the slide labels used this way before.
This has me curious. What are you using the labels in the middle of a slide for? Can you give me an example?
Maybe there is another way to accomplish what you are trying to do.
Okay there are a number of applications basically they relate to small song elements and rationalization of slides - whilst retaining operator relevant element information (which doesn't display).

So, example:-

Slide label: Verse 1
line one text
line two text
line three text
line four text

Chorus1 (currently this would display!!!!)
line one text
line two text

Only way to do this would be to

line one text
line two text
line three text
line four text

Slide label: Chorus1 (so this doesn't display!!!!)
line one text
line two text

But this creates some very small slides in some cases. It is particularly useful if there is a song which has variant choruses as below

line one text
line two text
line three text
line four text

Chorus1 (currently this would display!!!!)
line one text
line two text

Slide label: Verse 2
line one text
line two text
line three text
line four text

Chorus2 (currently this would display!!!!)
line one text that differs from chorus 1
line two text that differs from chorus 1

With the increasing complexity of the more contemporary songs this flexibilty and my other request are likely to be very useful. This one used to be possible where label and slide breaks were independant (that is in version 2009).

Shalom
I'm sorry Kevin, I'm not following here. Can you provide a screenshot from 2009 and EasyWorship 6?
Anything entered in the label field on a slide would not display on the screen in EW 6.
Are you wanting to add labels in the middle of a slide like the attached image?[attachment=0:31ywbgnu]Screenshot 2016-10-18 15.55.15.png[/attachment:31ywbgnu]
Yes - exactly right

Can this be done now - I have hunted and hunted and not found a way that doesn't appear on the screen or launch a new slide

Shalom
I'm sorry at this time the software will not allow you to add a slide label in the middle of a slide.
The Thread "hiding words from public" amounts to a very similar request

Shalom