[v6 General Discussion] Problem with 6.5 Video Background with Loop hangs

Hi EW team,

I just encountered error during our service this morning. Our looping background and logo video stops after certain count of loop. I tried checking the video properties and it was set to repeat.

Hi jcdeguzman,

Thanks for posting. We haven't been able to replicate this issue yet. Can you provide more information. How are you applying the background to your songs. What type of video is it (MP4, MOV, WMV)? When the background is playing, click on help, video codec troubleshooting. What is displayed in that window?
Had a similar issue at church this morning, we use an mp4 welcome video background against a song which has a Welcome Text in place of a song on it, this is normally displayed continuously before the service starts. But after maybe 10 minutes or so the video BG just went black leaving only the text. We have used this Welcome background for many years with 2009 and with 6 since June 2015 with no problems before I updated to 6.5.2 on Wednesday. I also noticed other songs with motion backgrounds stop motion partially through the song. Quicktime has never been installed on this PC.
Thanks for posting this. This is good information. Thanks for your patience as we work through this issue.
Hi Rodger,

Its MP4. I tried testing it using version 6.5.4 but the result is same. Logo and background video loop still hangs.
We are having the exact same problem!! This never was an issue for us before and the motion backgrounds kept moving. However, since we went to Build 5.2, they all stop after a few seconds. Hmmmm....
This is a bug in the third party decoder being used to handle mp4 and mov files. We will have it fixed in the next update release.
Does this mean that we have to wait until you come out with another update until the problem is fixed? Is there some other way to get them to work now? How long until the next update comes out? If I am sounding a bit impatient, it is only because I really am!! HAHA!
I'm not sure if you noticed, but we have a 6.5.5 Pre-Release available. It will fix this issue for you.
You'll see it in the announcements at the top of this forum.
Here is a direct link to it.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15162
Hi Roger,

I already using version 6.5.5 and our logo loop with mp4 format still hangs if LAV video decoder is not used as video decoder. The problem is I already reinstall KLITE and set LAV video decoder as primary my video decoder in ALL video formats but Easyworship still using Microsoft default video decoder. I tried reinstalling EW, restarting our laptop and still it is not using LAV video decoder. Help with this please.
Hi Roger,

I already using version 6.5.5 and our logo loop with mp4 format still hangs if LAV video decoder is not used as video decoder. The problem is I already reinstall KLITE and set LAV video decoder as primary my video decoder in ALL video formats but Easyworship still using Microsoft default video decoder. I tried reinstalling EW, restarting our laptop and still it is not using LAV video decoder. Help with this please.

Hi!

You may need to call or have someone call so that we can setup a remote to take a look at this issue. Or create a ticket and send us one of the MP4 files that is not working correctly.
You can try installing Quicktime player from the following KB article until we can get this issue resolved with the new codec.
https://support.easyworship.com/support ... o-decoders