[v6 General Discussion] Powerpoint display problem

I'm not sure if it's a setting on powerpoint or easyworship, but I get a black band above & below the powerpoint slide.

Is there a setting for powerpoint slides that easyworship prefers (slide size standard 4:3 -vs- wide screen 16:9)?

This is the same problem I am having.
Your powerpoint is not setup as the same aspect ratio as the output screen. If it doesn't match, it won't scale, it will letter box.
You'll need to edit your powerpoint slideshow and click on design and make sure that it is setup to match the asepct ratio of the output screen on your computer.
Your powerpoint is not setup as the same aspect ratio as the output screen. If it doesn't match, it won't scale, it will letter box.
You'll need to edit your powerpoint slideshow and click on design and make sure that it is setup to match the asepct ratio of the output screen on your computer.

Makes sense as it was happening with both screen sizes. Can you help me with this step, is there a video that demonstrates it? I'm not sure how to find the aspect ratio for the output screen.
This is not so easy to explain, for a video tutorial maybe You Tube is a good place to start.

I have found that EW works just as well with both aspect ratios. It is more of a function of the setup of your projector(s). I am am assuming you are using projectors but you did not say. In my configuration I use 2 projectors set to the same resolution. One is my main and one is my foldback. Both are set with the same resolution.

Each project brand and model will support different aspect ratios but one will be called "native" and your video card will have "recommended" it will be one of several. The two most common are 4:3 and 16:9 (standard and wide). Now comes the math. The screen resolution is a mathematical ratio meaning that the horizontal number of pixels divided by 4 equals the same number as the vertical number of pixels divided by 3. For example one of the most common for older hardware is 1024x768. 1024/4=256 and 768/3=256 thus it is a 4:3 resolution. 2048x1152 is a "wide" format; 2048/16=128 and 1152/9=128.

So how this applies to your question. IF you create a PP with the output format of 16:9 and the computer/project/EW is set for 4:3 then you get the black bars at top and bottom. Why? The computer is "filling in" the area with "black" to create the 4:3 resolution.

There is a setting in PP during the presentation creation where you can set the ratio . This is different in just about every version of PP. Again, you did not state what you are using so I can only state that I use, Office 10, and it is in the top right corner of the "Page Setup" pop-up window launched from the "Design" tab.

Hope this helped.
I experimented with what you said at church today. Still having problem. However, I'm not sure it's pp anymore. My background picture displays with the black strips before I ever get into Easy Worship. I've been struggling with getting a new computer, Windows 10, and Easy Worship 6 all about the same time. I've fixed several things with the help of Easy Worship tech support. If I could get the black strips solved and figure out how to play YouTube videos in Easy Worship I would be all set.
You may need to adjust your projector settings or make sure your secondary monitor is set to the proper resolution for the projector.
I agree with Roger, If the black bars are existing even outside of EW it must be a projector setting or combination of Win 10 and projector.

Showing YouTube in EW is just like any MP4. Use a third party software or website to download the video of choice then drag and drop. Please be sure to only use open (free) license media.
Finally figured out the projector setting to fix the problem. Thank you.
I've already tried downloading YouTube using Ummy. Downloads okay but when I drag into EW and try to play, nothing happens. Haven't figured out what i'm doing wrong yet. EW6, Windows 10.
Finally figured out the projector setting to fix the problem. Thank you.
I've already tried downloading YouTube using Ummy. Downloads okay but when I drag into EW and try to play, nothing happens. Haven't figured out what i'm doing wrong yet. EW6, Windows 10.

Hi!

If you have downloaded a video from Youtube and it is in MP4 or MOV then you will need to make sure that you are running EasyWorship 6.5.5 from this link https://support.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/6000149965-easyworship-6-5-5-pre-release:3vz9d8jq]Click Here
Thank you. I will download when I get a chance.