[v6 General Discussion] Re-registering

Good morning!

I went to help with tech in a music program we run each week. I opened EW and it came up with a watermark, showing it was unregistered. Which was weird as I was setting up yesterday and this didn't happen.

Fortunately I had saved the offline registration file on this machine. Ran that and all was good.

30 minutes later, there was a glitch (all the thumbnails in the schedule disappeared. So I shut down and restarted. Again EW came up unregistered.

Any thoughts why this has happened? It was a good thing I was here as the people who run the music program know how to run EW but not troubleshoot registration issues!

Buff

Hi!

This should not happen unless there is some program that could be clearing the registration information. Maybe some registry cleaner program?
Terry,

Thanks for the reply. How do I go about checking that?

This only started happening this week and the laptop has been in use for about a month before that with no issue.

Buff
Terry,

Was having another look tonight and I noticed that when I click on the EW icon, it shows on the splash screen that it is registered to my church but when the main screen opens it's got the watermark. If I shut it down and re-open, the splash screen says it's an evaluation copy and then gives me the option to register which I do via an offline file. The main screen then opens and all is fine.

It's very strange!

Buff
If you click on Help//About EasyWorship are you running build 4.8?
Terry,

Didn't get a chance to reply last night - can confirm we're are running build 4.8

Buff
Update! But not solved!

My wife was adding a schedule for tomorrow's music session tonight. I noticed that she wasn't having the same issue as I had been. The only difference I could see was that the laptop was not hooked into the internet.

Once she had completed what she need to do, I jumped onto the internet and tried EW - the problem returned!

Turn off internet - problem no longer occurs.

So I know what is causing the issue, but not why or how to resolve it!

Buff
Any thoughts on how I can have the laptop connected to the internet without fear of losing registration details?

Buff
You may need to call us when you are at the machine so that we can take a look at it and see if we can trouble shoot it.
You may need to call us when you are at the machine so that we can take a look at it and see if we can trouble shoot it.

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to talk to you guys and fix this over the phone. Unfortunately, living in Australia the time difference makes it next to impossible. What time zone are you guys in? I'm on Australian Eastern Statndard Time. There may be a a time when we cross over.

Buff
Hi!

I have talked to many many people from Australia. We are 15 hours behind you. it is 9:10 AM Friday Morning as of this post. so your time is 00:10AM Saturday morning.