[v6 General Discussion] Audio files are automatically muted

Hi - I have just upgraded to EW6 and have imported my old database. But when I select an audio track into the Preview screen it is muted. Any idea why this happens or what I can do about it? We use the Preview screen to play accompanying tracks and it means removing the Mute for each track we want to play.
Thanks
Ian

Having played with audio files this morning it would appear that audio is always muted in the preview and there is no option to toggle this.
Although this works for me, if you think an option should be available to toggle audio on or muted in the preview area it would be worth adding a new 'Development Pipeline - Feature Request' for this option.
It should be fairly easy to add an option to the Edit - Options menu that says Audio - Muted in Preview.
It is also worth noting that muted is the default for video files as well as audio files so perhaps there needs to be 2 options:

Edit
Options
Audio - Muted in Preview
Video - Muted in Preview

Regards
Dave
Having played with audio files this morning it would appear that audio is always muted in the preview and there is no option to toggle this.
Although this works for me, if you think an option should be available to toggle audio on or muted in the preview area it would be worth adding a new 'Development Pipeline - Feature Request' for this option.
It should be fairly easy to add an option to the Edit - Options menu that says Audio - Muted in Preview.
It is also worth noting that muted is the default for video files as well as audio files so perhaps there needs to be 2 options:

Edit
Options
Audio - Muted in Preview
Video - Muted in Preview

Regards
Dave

Thanks Dave. That is a disappointment as one of the reasons that the Preview screen was brought back was to play music more easily. I guess we are going to have a few 'false starts' in our worship.

On another note - I see you are in York. I'm in Selby - its a small world! Blessings to you.
Ian
Ian,
We are haveing the same issue at our church, we recently upgraded the church computer to Windows 7 pro and I don't load the music on top of the song. It's an old EW 2009 thing. The weird thing is that at home the audio is NOT muted when I click on it. I'm still using Vista at home and the audio is not muted, but it is at the church which is using Windows 7 pro. Our other operator is also using Windows 7 pro and his is muted also.
Another difference between Vista and Windows 7 is when we load music on the church computer, it automaticaly loops, so our other operator has to change that before he drags it into the schedule where as I don't with Vista. So like the saying goes.."People plan, God laughs, wing it!!
Hi - I have just upgraded to EW6 and have imported my old database. But when I select an audio track into the Preview screen it is muted. Any idea why this happens or what I can do about it? We use the Preview screen to play accompanying tracks and it means removing the Mute for each track we want to play.
Thanks
Ian

Hi!

When you select the audio file in the preview window it is muted so that if you are already live with something else the audio will not start playing and take the focus away from what is already live.
Terry,
I understand why it's muted, but it doesn't have to be because you still have to click the start button before it will play, but having to unclick the mute button is just an extra step. I'm still running "Vista" on my home computer an none of my audio files are muted, but they are on our church computer which is running "Windows 7 pro" as is my other A/V operator, who is also running "Windows 7 pro" which makes me believe that it's the difference between "Vista" and "Windows 7 pro" instead of an EW6 issue? Your thoughts.
I just came to the forums to ask the same question!

We do a similar thing for a kid's music programme we run - have a presentation on LIVE and music in preview. The leader introduces the song and hands out props. When they are ready, they play the sound file in the preview screen.

The majority of the time the sound file is muted, but in playing around on the laptop last night, there was a couple of times where the sound files were not muted. I can't find reason why it changed.

In setting up the auditorium this morning, they were all back to muted.

Would love a suggestion as to why and how we can make this easier for operators.

Thanks!

Buff
If we can replicate it we can try to figure out the cause. I will need the exact steps if you can replicate it again.
Buff,
Which version of Windows are you using? Like I said before, I'm running Vista at home, but the church has Windows 7 pro. My audio files at home are NOT muted, but the files at the church are always muted. Let's see if we can nail down the difference as to why yours are sometimes muted and sometimes not.
Mr. Ed
I have windows 10 on my HP laptop. Originally, if I unmuted the audio in EasyWorship 6 once, it stayed unmuted for every subsequent audio in the schedule - until shut down.

But currently.... on my HP laptop, the audio is unmuted by default (I have no idea why - or what I did to achieve that).
I can select mute or unmute as required and it stays that way (returns to unmute by default on restart).

However, on the PC at church, (also windows 10) the default is mute and every audio needs to be unmuted when selected... otherwise.... oops.... no sound.

I am guessing different audio controllers (in windows) may have something to do with it.... still investigating.

Alan Beasy
Thanks to EW support.
This issue is resolved with build 4.8
We did have build 4.8 installed, but after deleting EW 2009, after a computer restart the audio default is now UNMUTE.
Perfect.
Hi Terry,

I am having the same problem. At home my Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and EW2009 and EW6 intsalled the preview volume now stays defaulted to unmuted - which is great.

However, at church, we have 2 PCs running Win7Enterprise and on these if you:
- Open EW6, make sure you are in "Preview & Live" view
- Add the words for a song to a schedule
- Add the music or video track for the same song to the schedule as the next item
- Make the song words go live so the song track moves to the Preview Screen
- The track defaults to muted, so to play the music to singalong to, with the words projected, you need to unmute then play

Every time you click off the song, even if you have clicked unmute, it will default back to muted.

I have updated all computers to the latest build (5.5) and tried uninstalling EW2009 on one of the church PCs - all to no effect.

What I'd like is a setting that toggles the default preview volume level from mute / unmute so I can set to unmute and leave well alone. For newbies this is always a catch out as the song plays muted and they can't spot the issue.

Thanks,

Bill