[v6 General Discussion] Best way to handle announcement loops?

Trying to wean myself of PP once again. Like most churches (I imagine) we have a pretty standard set of slides to run before each service. Who's leading, what's on this week, turn off your phones etc etc. To this point we use PP and often simply have to modify the first slide (i.e. who's leading/preaching) with additional slides for specific notices.

In EW I tried to set a theme - just a blank white canvas with our church logo to use as the 'Master' background slide. That's OK and I've saved that as the Presentation default theme. So far so good. Eventually figured out how to make slides advance automatically - NB EW the online manual is WRONG in this regard - it doesn't tell you that you the steps needed to achieve this - sigh...

My immediate problem is that having created a working loop with 5 slides (and watched it get corrupted when the advance slide timings were applied), I've managed to delete it from the resource area. The copy is still in the schedule and will (I hope) play fine on Sunday but how can I reuse it / get a copy back into the resources area. I really don't want to have to spend another hour recreating the thing....

In EW I tried to set a theme - just a blank white canvas with our church logo to use as the 'Master' background slide. That's OK and I've saved that as the Presentation default theme. So far so good. Eventually figured out how to make slides advance automatically - NB EW the online manual is WRONG in this regard - it doesn't tell you that you the steps needed to achieve this - sigh...

[color=#008000:3fx9vizy]We are constantly updating the manual and will fix that. Thanks for letting us know. [/color:3fx9vizy]

My immediate problem is that having created a working loop with 5 slides (and watched it get corrupted when the advance slide timings were applied), I've managed to delete it from the resource area. The copy is still in the schedule and will (I hope) play fine on Sunday but how can I reuse it / get a copy back into the resources area. I really don't want to have to spend another hour recreating the thing....

[color=#008000:3fx9vizy]I need more information on what you mean when you say you watched it get corrupted by applying the advance slide timings.[/color:3fx9vizy]
Terry

I'm afraid that I can't provide any further information - after building the presentation, when I applied timings the first slide corrupted - the display that is. I'm far less bothered by that than trying to figure out how to get the version of the presentation loop from the schedule back into the resource area so that it can be reused/edited. At the moment I'm having to work around this by deleting all items in the schedule bar the presentation loop, editing this and then adding other items to make a schedule.

Edited see http://forums.easyworship.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=14713&sid=7a20ca490ce635bd78095a33b45b2d8d:2mvpbv6j]Forum Guidelines
We may need to set up a remote session. We are 9 AM to 6 PM CST which is -6 GMT time.
I am having the same issue of an EW made presentation not showing up in the presentation area. I have old presentations from EW 2009 but the presentation I made in EW 6 will not show up in the area to be edited or used again. I would like to add the presentation to the schedule to edit it and then save it by changing the title in the schedule so I have the presentation saved to the area again as a new presentation. But it will not do that like songs will.

ADD ON: Not sure if this is part of the problem. EW Helper: Could not retrieve data "SELECT rowid, title, path, filename, alias_filename, source_filename, source_userid, source_file_harsh, thumbnail_url, location_flag, file_hash, ready, error_no, revision, layout_revision, media_type FROM media WHERE (file_hash is NULL OR file_hash="") AND location_flag= 1 AND error_no=0 AND filesize < > 0": database disk image is malformed.
Hi!

I am sorry that you are having this issue. This is not something that we have seen. You will need to contact tech support and maybe set up a remote session so that we can take a look at this issue. 918-250-1493