[v6 General Discussion] How to set up EasyWorship 6 and Newtek Tricaster

Hi, please I need diagrammatic aid on how to use EasyWorship with a Newtek Tricaster 410. What I want to achieve is to use 3 cameras for video source and a laptop with EasyWorship for PowerPoint, hymns, alpha channel, etc which will be outputted in 3 formats: foldback display for the stage, in-house display and overflow display. The overflow is not part of the main auditorium so where pure text on the screen may be suitable for in-house screens, live feed will be preferred in the overflow.
I will appreciate any guide on what equipment/connection I will need to achieve this.
Thank you and God bless!

Hi!

I am sorry but a diagram is beyond what we are able support as there many ways to configure the Tricaster.

Here is a link to some information about setting up the NewTek https://support.easyworship.com/solution/articles/8594-newtek-network-source-setup-ew-6-:y1anqswk]Click Here
Thank you Terry but will it be possible to get a diagram or explanation of a basic setup that I can eventually tweak to suite our needs? Also is a capture card needed when using the tricaster or only when using the live feed feature of easyworship without a switcher?
I am sorry but we do not have a diagram that I can provide you. You can do a search on the net for how to set up the Tricaster and how to configure it.

You do not need a capture card to use the Tricaster as you are directing EW into the Tricaster from a network connection.
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I feel like I'm in a similar boat myself, but it seems like if you're going to drop $15k on a Tricaster you, or a "tech guy/gal" at your church, should know how the equipment works. Believe me, this is not a judgmental comment. I don't know a ton about all this kinda stuff either. Our church is small & runs nearly all on volunteers, we can't afford a tech "professional", & I get to be the one trying to put together a 3 camera setup as well. I'm looking at smaller scale solutions like the Roland V-1hd switcher with 3 Canon Vixia G20 cameras & a Blackmagic HyperDeck Shuttle to record onto an SSD drive (if you want to stream too you can add the Blackmagic H.264 Pro Recorder for $500). Probably can put it all together for under $6k. Might not have all the bells & whistles, but it'll get the job done for thousands less. There's also the Cerevo LiveWedge & the Blackmagic ATEM TV studio as low cost, easier to use, switcher options. Just a thought.
Sorry. Meant the Blackmagic Intensity for streaming ($240). My bad.
Have you checked out VMix?
You can set up a good VMix PC for $3000-4000 which includes intensity Pro capture cards. You just have to make sure your motherboard can take as many cards as you want and it has a good video card. My PC has 5 HD camera inputs, one desktop capture from the EW PC and two HD webcams via USB.

Run the EW output into that PC via the VMix desktop capture utility, Use a green screen background and chroma key out the background. Bingo, you have the song words over the live video from the video mixed in VMix from whichever camera feed you want. VMix is quite cheap software. It can also display live, comment from social media - if you want that in your church service
You can set up Picture in Picture for the pastor PP and lower thirds for titling etc. I use this setup for video recording our church service each week and sending some video at times to the main screen. I switch back to EW for most things on Screen though.
VMix is quite a versatile program and when linked with EW can make a great setup. I use different setups depending on the requirements.
Check out this link from about 14min 15 sec to 17 min which will show song words over a lower third over live video. The words were generated in EW with a green screen background. The video was from 3 Sony HD handicams all mixed in VMix. Pity the Skype links did not work too good though. Issues from them caused audio problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7_9UUF1wTQ

If you had multiple screens on that VMix PC you could run EW with the output screen being captured by VMix and sent to the projectors via the VMix output rather than the EW output. You can also click on the LIVE button and the output would be direct from EW. All works like a treat!
Alvin