[v6 General Discussion] Possible Bug with Web Interface

I think there is a bug with the web interface in that it took over 10 minutes for the busy icon to disappear and the (Not Responding) at the top also took the same time as well. Then when I clicked on Media tab again it froze out with the same results and long wait. It does this on any tab or button that I select. It has finally come up after about 20 minutes with MSN / Bing Search Engine and a message with a Security Alert saying 'The Name of the Security Certificate is Invalid or Does Not Match the Name of the Site.' Proceed Yes or No or View Certificate. I was only trying to view Support from within EW6 but have had to give up as it keeps freezing similarly with each button pressed.

I think a lot of assumption has gone into the designing of EW6. We don't all use MS Internet Explorer or Media Player or iTunes or indeed have Quicktime installed on our systems and we, ourselves have ran EasyWorship since the early days of EW2007 with no problems. We don't use .MOV files, only MP2, MP4, MKV and FLV. Any software that uses the web has to be compatible with other vendors but I suspect that isn't the case here as we use Mozilla Firefox as I'm sure millions of others do too.

Thanks! I will do that.
I am having a similar problem with my Web Interface. However, I have a bit of a different issue. I am running Windows 10 Technical Preview, build 10122. I am receiving an (access violation at address 009DFB12 in module 'EasyWorship.exe'.) After I clear the pop up 3 times, it runs well, but I no longer have any access to the Web Interface. Specifically, I am hoping to get the Song Select function back.

I am running "Project Spartan" or "Microsoft Edge" for my internet browser, and I do still have IE installed currently. I have had no issues throughout any of the other iterations of Windows 10 preview, so I do not think that is the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

God Bless,
Jeremy

Jeremy, thanks for letting us know. That access violation and losing access to the in-program Web browser sounds pretty unique. Would you please call Support and explain the problem you're experiencing?
Granpaw Broon, one of our Support Technicians just tried this. He set Firefox as the default browser, opened EasyWorship 6, then went to the web button within the software. The media, Song Select and the web tab worked just fine. He was also able to load YouTube and schedule a video that played just fine. If there's a variable we're missing in this experiment, please let me know and we'll try again.

Have you updated IE? If you're not (and you may not be, since Firefox is your weapon of choice), that may be causing some issues. Just a thought.
I accept what you're saying guys but here in the UK when you install Windows 7 during the initial setup it asks you which browser do you wish to use and shows the option to select one of eleven different ones, I selected Firefox. I know that IE is still hidden in the background and is still used for Windows Update and other things and works fine with no issues. But it doesn't when using EW6's in program browser, it freezes out. It may be due to Firefox but it may not. We'll never know unless someone else in Europe using EW6 has a similar issue.

Let me run this by the team and see if any of them can replicate the issue when Firefox is selected as the default browser.
Also not to nitpick but Microsoft has dropped IE in favour of their new browser spartan. Even MS know it's a terrible browser. Pretty much all web browser statistics websites have pointed to the decline of IE with Chrome now easily being the most popular browser in the world although firefox is still a good browser. I understand why you might want to use IE just understand that long term it's going to be a bad choice.
I'm surprised the EW6 didn't start using the SongSelect API like so many other worship presentation software vendors have done.

[url:tzaqyssy]http://blog.songselect.com/api-partners/
I accept what you're saying guys but here in the UK when you install Windows 7 during the initial setup it asks you which browser do you wish to use and shows the option to select one of eleven different ones, I selected Firefox. I know that IE is still hidden in the background and is still used for Windows Update and other things and works fine with no issues. But it doesn't when using EW6's in program browser, it freezes out. It may be due to Firefox but it may not. We'll never know unless someone else in Europe using EW6 has a similar issue.
As I said in my earlier post Terry, you have to make your software compatible as Microsoft were taken to court over their monopoly of Windows and were forced to back down on only allowing IE. When you first install Windows you have the option to use up to 11 different Internet Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, and either Maxthon or Safari etc.). You can't produce software that is not compatible with other web browsers as you're forcing them to use MS Internet Explorer. All our PCs use Firefox and others I know use Chrome. If you want to sell your software Internationally it will need to be compatible with other web browsers too.

I think rca nailed it, and we couldn't say it any better. Using IE for our in-program store is the simplest option because a) it comes native to PC's and b) most PC users will at least be familiar with IE, even if they don't prefer it. But if using IE bothers you that much, you can always open up Firefox (as a stand-alone program) and go to WorshipMedia.com to purchase media. It's obviously not in-program and you'll have to switch windows, but at least you can use the browser you want. We're certainly not trying to restrict user freedom or create a monopoly. What would we stand to gain by "forcing" anyone to use Internet Explorer anyway? If we're getting kickbacks of some kind, I need to demand my share. There's an island I want to buy...
I am having a similar problem with my Web Interface. However, I have a bit of a different issue. I am running Windows 10 Technical Preview, build 10122. I am receiving an (access violation at address 009DFB12 in module 'EasyWorship.exe'.) After I clear the pop up 3 times, it runs well, but I no longer have any access to the Web Interface. Specifically, I am hoping to get the Song Select function back.

I am running "Project Spartan" or "Microsoft Edge" for my internet browser, and I do still have IE installed currently. I have had no issues throughout any of the other iterations of Windows 10 preview, so I do not think that is the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

God Bless,
Jeremy
Granpaw Broon,

Are you sure you've uninstalled IE? Choosing a default browser such as Chrome or Firefox is not equal to removing/uninstalling Internet Explorer. As far as software goes, the standard method of using embedded web controls in Windows and on Mac both use the native browser engine, which is IE's and Safari's respectively. I think that Terry is trying to let you know that if you alter your operating system at that level, no software, including EW 6, that uses a web-view-type control will work in Windows. You can hide IE's shortcuts, but if you truly try to remove the software from your computer, you've gone to some serious effort (that would destabilize other parts of Windows) to remove something you can simply choose not to use.

Additionally, your first post suggests that you're having difficulty reconciling the SSL cert, which is more likely your problem. If that's the case, your IE engine is making a request for the site and not liking what it's receiving. Is your church using any Big Brother-type monitoring software? Sometimes they act as a man-in-the-middle and screw things up. Have you tried to access the easyworship site from this same machine outside of EW 6? Did you have any SSL issues? I don't believe the web request would stay live for 20 minutes so you may have something else going on.

Also, you mention assumptions in your original post. You seem to have made quite a few yourself about the cause of the negative experience you're having, going to the extent of criticizing the design of the software before you really have much solid info about your problem. There could be a bug in the web interface (and I'm sure EW would love to find it and fix it), but the rest of your post doesn't help anyone help you (or them) get to the actual solution.

I'm happy to try to help out, especially since i'm new here.
Take care,
R
As I said in my earlier post Terry, you have to make your software compatible as Microsoft were taken to court over their monopoly of Windows and were forced to back down on only allowing IE. When you first install Windows you have the option to use up to 11 different Internet Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, and either Maxthon or Safari etc.). You can't produce software that is not compatible with other web browsers as you're forcing them to use MS Internet Explorer. All our PCs use Firefox and others I know use Chrome. If you want to sell your software Internationally it will need to be compatible with other web browsers too.
Hi Terry,

we don't have Internet Explorer installed but use Mozilla Firefox which is at 38.0.1 at the moment. terface on it.

EW uses IE. So if you do not have IE installed it will now work at all or not work correctly.
Hi Terry,

I'm running EW6.2.1 on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit OS, CPU Intel Core2Quad 2.4GB with 4GB Ram and NVidia GT630 GPU on my Home PC where I've noticed the issue. PC is only used for EW6 testing and hopefully schedules once we can transfer them to our church PC which will hopefully be soon. As I said in the previous message we don't have Internet Explorer installed but use Mozilla Firefox which is at 38.0.1 at the moment. PC is connected to a network via cat5 cable directly via a Netgear Gigabit Switch then cat5 to Fibre Modem which all works perfectly. Only using Windows Firewall software. Don't have any problems with any other software on any of the attached PCs.

Our church PC which at the moment we are still using EW2009 until we think EW6 is working well enough to go live is an Intel i5 2.8GB with 8GB Ram and Sapphire HD 5770 GPU running Windows 7 Pro SP1. EW6.2.1 does work on it on all seven monitors and projector including powerpoint and videos on foldback but I didn't test the web interface on it.
Hi!

Help my trouble shoot the issue.

Are you running the most currant build number of EW?
What version of Windows are you running?
What version of Internet Explorer?
Do you have firewall software installed? What software is it?
Is you internet connection wireless or hard wired?

EasyWorship uses the default Windows browser which is IE.