[v6 General Discussion] Unable to save schedule please verify that none of the media

So I find in EW 6 that if I have done a click and drag of some photos from the media to backgrounds in the schedule, the schedule will not save and it will state that some of the media is in use. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Karl

If you browse to those images in windows, are they shortcuts?
Unsure what you mean Rodger. I'm dragging from the media stills section to the schedule to create a background... Please elaborate?
I take him to mean the Images folder in your EW Profile folder.

Default (on windows being:
C:UsersPublicDocumentsSoftouchEasyworshipDefaultResourcesImages

If that's not where you profile is stored, goto where the profile folder is, then ..ResourcesImages etc and find the image your trying to use. See if the files there are showing up as shortcuts (.lnk) files or actual image files.

If they are shortcuts, they will only work on a computer that can access the file the shortcut leads to in the exact same path. Otherwise the computer won't be able to find the file.
We have a similar problem. We save images off of internet to a folder on the PC. Then we open the folder thru EW6 and then select and drag the images to the schedule. The schedule is not not savable. I can save the schedule if I only have songs in it. Even if I put a presentation in the schedule it will fail to save saying a media file is in use.

This has gotten extremely frustrating as EW6 has been locking up just about every service now and we have to rebuild the entire service on the fly "During" the service. I replaced the old PC and put EW6 on a brand new HP workstation with quad cores and Win7 pro. It meets the HD requirements and we are only using it for SD.

Editing songs is a joke, one can not copy a text file and get it to format like the old EW 2007 by just placing Verse or chorus on a line by itself. You can't right click copy, ctrl C doesn't seem to work.

We are ready for a refund and find something different to use. We waited over 2 years for the coming of EW6 and waited to replace the PC and start fresh. I'm sorry, I've worked with a lot of different software over the years and EW6 seems like it is still Beta. Yes there are already a Lot of nice new features that we really like, but locking up during the service and not being able to edit quickly really takes a way from all the new neat capability.
kencbrown and Karl Bader,

So sorry to hear that EasyWorship has been locking up. What you described sounds like an unknown issue, as far as I can tell, but we'd like more information so we can fix it. I'd like to schedule a call for you both with Support, so we can remote access your computer and see what's happening. If this is agreeable to you, please send an email to gabe(at)easyworship(dot)com and let me know a good day and time for both of you. Thanks very much.

Gabe Harris
We have a similar problem. We save images off of internet to a folder on the PC. Then we open the folder thru EW6 and then select and drag the images to the schedule. The schedule is not not savable. I can save the schedule if I only have songs in it. Even if I put a presentation in the schedule it will fail to save saying a media file is in use.

This has gotten extremely frustrating as EW6 has been locking up just about every service now and we have to rebuild the entire service on the fly "During" the service. I replaced the old PC and put EW6 on a brand new HP workstation with quad cores and Win7 pro. It meets the HD requirements and we are only using it for SD.

Editing songs is a joke, one can not copy a text file and get it to format like the old EW 2007 by just placing Verse or chorus on a line by itself. You can't right click copy, ctrl C doesn't seem to work.

We are ready for a refund and find something different to use. We waited over 2 years for the coming of EW6 and waited to replace the PC and start fresh. I'm sorry, I've worked with a lot of different software over the years and EW6 seems like it is still Beta. Yes there are already a Lot of nice new features that we really like, but locking up during the service and not being able to edit quickly really takes a way from all the new neat capability.

Have you downloaded the 6.2.1 update? If so, are you still having these problems? Right click menu has been added and tons of bugs have been fixed. Please let me know.