[v6 General Discussion] Music files continue to play when Screen Black

I use music files playing behind songs. In EW 2009 when the screen was blacked out, the music stopped and when the screen was unblacked, the song would pick up right where it was when the screen was blacked out. Last Sunday, however, when the screen was blacked out the music files apparently contined to play (unheard) and when the screen was unblacked the music was several seconds or minutes past where it had been blacked out.

I really need this to work as I will set up the next song blacked out until I want to play it by unblacking.

Why is this happening and what can I do about it?

Make sure you have the latest build of EasyWorship 6. EasyWorship 6.1.5 is pausing the audio for me.
Yep! 6.1.5.0. I figured a workaround. I black the screen at the end of a song and don't click Go Live until I'm ready to play the next song. Then I unblack and the next song is playing. A bit more complicated but it works.
Make sure you have the latest build of EasyWorship 6. EasyWorship 6.1.5 is pausing the audio for me.

Yes, I have the very latest version. I noticed something else recently. When I play an audio file in EW by double clicking on it in the resources section, it WILL pause when blacked out. However, if I drag the audio onto a song file in the schedule and then play it by using Go Live (or Pg Dn), it will not pause when blacked out.

Is there a fix for that? It is inconvenient having to black out and then go live then unblack whenever I want to go to the next item and not have it playing away in the background.
I can't replicate this. If you get a schedule that is having the problem to support, we can find out what is going on.
Has this issue been resolved? I am having an issue where I have added audio to a song and it appears the music will start playing (unheard) after pressing go live but before I remove the logo.

I would like for the audio to not play until I remove the logo. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Jonathan
I am just echoing what Jeff said. We need to be able to recreate it in order to trouble shoot the problem. If you have a schedule that you have created that we can use to replicate the issue then create a ticket on the support portal and attach the file and send it to us. Thanks.
I have this same problem when using MIDI files, the audio is ok when using MP3's as the music doesn't start until you remove the blackout, and fades and pauses when you go to black. However with MIDI files the music starts to play the moment you go live with the song, whether you are blacked out or not and continues to play even if you press black part way through. This effectively means using MIDI files within EW is pretty much impossible as there is insufficient control.
Thanks Selby for that information. That is very helpful. I was able to recreate the issue with midi files.
jhernandezjr are you also using midi files?
I will submit a bug report for Midi files not pausing when black is pressed.
Another related issue that I have discovered when embedding mp3's into scheduled lyrics is that if you preview items in your schedule before a service to ensure everything is working the mp3's dont re-cue instead they start playback from where they got to before you moved on to the next item in your pre-service checks. Surely when you go live from the schedule everything should reset to the beginning to prevent audio starting accidentally from part way through. Currently the only way I have found to resolve this is to reload the schedule after I have done my pre-service checks.
Another related issue that I have discovered when embedding mp3's into scheduled lyrics is that if you preview items in your schedule before a service to ensure everything is working the mp3's dont re-cue instead they start playback from where they got to before you moved on to the next item in your pre-service checks. Surely when you go live from the schedule everything should reset to the beginning to prevent audio starting accidentally from part way through. Currently the only way I have found to resolve this is to reload the schedule after I have done my pre-service checks.

I am not able recreate this. Please give me the exact steps and i will try it here.
I have the latest version of EW and just hit this issue with MP3 files attached to songs. The scenario was: one song finishes and I black out the screen. I click Go Live to bring up the next song ready, and then wait until it is required (several minutes later). Then I un-black the screen. The music starts playing in the middle of the song instead of at the beginning. It seems that when I clicked Go Live, the music started playing, but silently. Then when I un-black the screen it becomes audible, at whatever point it has reached.

The workaround suggested by rbittick back in Feb 2015 got round the problem: do not click Go Live until the song is required, then un-black immediately before the music has had a chance to get going - you just miss a note or two at most. But it seems that the issue is still there, so is this acknowledged as a fault and will it be fixed?