[v6 General Discussion] GO LIVE - VERY SLOW - 5 to 10 seconds

HELP!

Never had this issue with EW2009. We have the recommended system for EW2009 amd Go Live was quick. Now it is very slow with almost a count of 10 second when I switch songs with motion backgrounds. Not sure, I have to test still background and switching from song to PowerPoint. But I just noticed that it is taking a very very long time.

Trying to set up EW6 for use this Sunday but it looks like I will have to switch back to EW2009 as these transitions between Scheduled items is taking a very long time.

Our system is:
[list:c6c95g1z]Computer System: Gateway FX6803
Processor: Intel i7 930 @ 2.8GHz
Memory: 9 GB RAM
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series
[/list:u:c6c95g1z]

I'll try checking the Video Driver for updates, but one thing I noticed is that there are very little options under preferences. I remember in EW2009 something about DirectX, but don's see this in EW6...

HELP, at this speede we cannot use EW6....

Thanks
Rich

Please solution as soon as possible. Fully focused on this problem. Thoughtful that must go back to the EW2009 then this is unsustainable. The performance of the computer is good but the transitions very slow.
Same issue, no matter what PC I have tried it on. Almost all actions (e.g. Add song to schedule, Go Live, Next slide, edit Song etc...) are much slower than EW2007/EW2009 (each step now takes about 2 sec for us). It is not un-usable, but it is annoying. We are continuing with EW6, but in the hope that a number of things get sorted fairly quickly. The other enhancements in EW6 are worth it.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work!!!
Just a thought...
I know it was presented that the programmers completely rewrote EW6 from scratch moving from EW2009. Is the code that was used to produce EW6 too "bloated"? Is it possible to cut this code down and make it more "lean", as it was in EW2009? Something in the program is taking too long to respond to inputs. Fix this and this program is outstanding. Until then, you will probably lose potential customers.
I have found a similar (go-slower) issue [color=#0000FF:1gwzuz3s]after spending a lot of time editing[/color:1gwzuz3s] songs (I had to edit all my songs after the poor database translation result from EW2007 to EW6).

The program slowly becomes more-and-more unresponsive the longer I used the program in one session.

The [color=#0000FF:1gwzuz3s]work around is to close EW6 and open it again[/color:1gwzuz3s], and then suddenly it is back to it's usual unresponsiveness (not becoming more and more unresponsive).

It is not really a convenient work around but at least it is somewhat usable again after restarting every 10 min or so.

.....Looking forward to the next release.
This will be fixed in 6.1.7 soon to be released.
Same issue here. We can't use EW6 because of this.
6.1.7 should make this issue much better.
To jcdeguzman, ianandlisette, crbcmedia, ltjarl, and anyone else: I would be interested to know if you've seen any improvement with version 6.1.7???

It seems that the thumbnails in the preview section (to the right of the schedule) have a lot to do with the lag. Is it absolutely necessary for those thumbnails to be populated with the backgrounds at all? Seems to me that having just the lyrics (or "ledger") there would be sufficient and might save on load time??
This lag issue not related to thumbnails directly but the way EW6 pre-renders song for display; thumbnails are a byproduct of that rendering.

Current version of EW6 is build 1.8.
Ok, thanks for the reply, GRBCMedia. I can confirm what was said earlier that the bigger my thumbnails, the quicker the response time. So, whatever the technical relationship between them, it's clear to me that they are affecting performance.

While there are some great new features, we've delayed using EW6 until the lag improves. So, I'm wondering if others from this thread have seen improvements in updates 6.1.7 (or 6.1.8 - From the release notes, it seems that 6.1.8 wasn't addressing this issue, which is why I referred to 6.1.7 instead).
Good info guys. I hadn't caught the difference between the small thumbnails and big thumbnails.
You'll see the best response times with NVIDIA Graphics cards.
AMD Cards must be doing things differently.
The 6.1.7 update helped with the slowness, but it looks like we need to take another look to see what else is slowing things down.
on initial tests with 6.1.9, there seems to be a significant improvement in the go live speed.
I agree! The delay does not seem to be an issue at all now. Way to go, EasyWorship!! Wahoo!!
I wonder is this something that can be marked as "fixed in version 6.1.9" on the board index for this thread.....
Hi, I don't think this can be marked fixed yet. I didn't know this forum existed until I was so frustrated that I started looking online for answers. I'm sure I speak for many of those that don't know this forum exists. I think I've gone through 3 or 4 updates and each time, something different goes wrong and it's making me lose more hair. The computer still lags when it comes to switching between powerpoint slides in the schedule. Songs seem to work fine and switch quickly. I tried using smaller thumbnails like some people said, but it doesn't work for me. Our desktop has a NVIDIA card so it's not isolated to other graphics cards. I also tried the easy 6 on my laptop which has an intel HD graphics card built in, and having the same lag problem. I deleted easy 6 and went back to 2007 version. I want to encourage the developers. Keep plugging away guys, I'm sure you'll get it working in the near future. Here are my computer specs....

We have a new PC with windows 8.1.
It's an ASUS M32AD-US025S. 12GB memory, 2TB hard drive.
Intel® Core™ i5-4460
Chipset Intel® H81
Graphic NVIDIA GT740 (4GDDR3)
Microsoft Powerpoint 2013