[v6 General Discussion] Missing Features

Is there any timeline on getting all the functionality of 2009 back into this new version?
The main thing holding me back at this point is nursery alerts. The regular alerts and fold-back alerts would be nice, but we really need the nursery alerts.
If I wen't ahead and moved us to EW6, we would have to come up with an entirely new procedure for our nursery workers.

I must second this. I purchased EW6 expecting full features from 2009, plus potentially some additional functionality.

I find the new "slide-based" method for song editing to be a step BACK. I loved EW because it was NOT like PowerPoint. Now, I must deal with slides, etc.

I am very grateful that EW6 did not disable or overwrite EW2009, because I will have to continue running 2009 to have the streamlined functionality I am used to for 7+ years. This new paradigm seems to add steps that are not present in 2009.

As a whole, I find the new system much more confusing and less intuitive. Core functionality is lost (the ability to simply change a background for a song / the loss of the preview window to show what you are building / etc.) and nothing is left in its place.

This feels very much like an alpha release, because so much functionality is gone. It pains me to say this because I love this software and love what 2009 did to assist and support our worship, but the upfront setup required to transition to this new version is just not worth the lost value and capabilities.
I'm with you two. I'm glad I upgraded for the $49 price, but I'm going to stick with EW09 until useful features are added back.
My complaints:
- No keyboard shortcuts (coming soon!). I use Clear/Unclear and V1, V2, C shortcuts all the time.
- No song tags or coloring. Every slide looks the same in "Live Preview", so it's hard to see the structure of a song. If a Chorus is split between 2 slides for example, now you have "Chorus" followed by "Slide 9" - they look unrelated. Would like to ditch the "Powerpoint look", it's not an efficient use of operator screen space.
- No VJ mode. Being able to change backgrounds on the fly was very useful for dynamic worship.
- Song text outlining, while more flexible, seems to look worse even at 1 pt outline. i'm still investigating this one.
- Based on other comments, it seems like hardware requirements for basic video backgrounds has increased. This concerns me as even EW09 lags/hangs on our PC sometimes.
- No tooltips. All modern Windows programs should have little help boxes that pop up when you hover your mouse over a button.
- No NIV2011 Bible plugin. It's 2015!
- No Mac version (coming soon since July 2012!) Ouch, OK, that was a low blow.

Sorry for the negativity, some of the new features are nice. I hope this feedback is useful for the developers.
Would find tool tips really useful, especially as this is such a departure from EW2009. The function/meaning of some buttons is not obvious so being able to hover over and have an explanation would be great.
I'm with you two. I'm glad I upgraded for the $49 price, but I'm going to stick with EW09 until useful features are added back.
My complaints:
- No keyboard shortcuts (coming soon!). I use Clear/Unclear and V1, V2, C shortcuts all the time.
- No song tags or coloring. Every slide looks the same in "Live Preview", so it's hard to see the structure of a song. If a Chorus is split between 2 slides for example, now you have "Chorus" followed by "Slide 9" - they look unrelated. Would like to ditch the "Powerpoint look", it's not an efficient use of operator screen space.
- No VJ mode. Being able to change backgrounds on the fly was very useful for dynamic worship.
- Song text outlining, while more flexible, seems to look worse even at 1 pt outline. i'm still investigating this one.
- Based on other comments, it seems like hardware requirements for basic video backgrounds has increased. This concerns me as even EW09 lags/hangs on our PC sometimes.
- No tooltips. All modern Windows programs should have little help boxes that pop up when you hover your mouse over a button.
- No NIV2011 Bible plugin. It's 2015!
- No Mac version (coming soon since July 2012!) Ouch, OK, that was a low blow.

Sorry for the negativity, some of the new features are nice. I hope this feedback is useful for the developers.

I agree with almost every point, not bothered about Mac Would love to see the rest implemented soonest.
I find the new "slide-based" method for song editing to be a step BACK. I loved EW because it was NOT like PowerPoint. Now, I must deal with slides, etc.

I have to agree. I've been a long time user of this software & tested & fed back on the beta versions about this. I feel the Easy has been removed. I liked being able to grab a person and give them 5 mins tuition to 'help out' (small church). I'm not sure I'll be able to do this anymore as there's more prep to do. I do like the new features but wish they'd added to rather than overwritten them.
Probably another example of people designing something they never have to use. Having that panel with just text lyrics and color coded tags was really useful. Especially if the worship leader changed up the order on the fly. Now we've got half a dozen ways of seeing the same thumbnails, which don't really help much at all if you're trying to find something quickly.
The removal of the foldback alert is a major step backwards and for what reason? Thee are occasions when AV NEEDS to communicate with the Worship Team without the Church knowing. The Nursery Alert is useless for this and warns the Church as well. PLEASE, please bring it back as a free upgrade.
Yours,
Seriously unimpressed of the UK
This is coming in an update.
Been quite a while since any updates were released. I have seen references to features and bug fixes coming. Are we anywhere near an update release?
We are putting the final touches on a new build that will release fairly soon. Sorry, no dates right now.
So far since the release of EasyWorship 6 the following features have been added back to the software since this post was originally penned.
1. Song tags and coloring
2. The song editor has been updated multiple times to make it easier to use. We are currently working on a list of things to make it work better.
3. NIV2011 and other new bibles are available.
4. Two new view options including preview mode.
5. Ledger view like 2009 and older versions
6. Nursery Alerts (Full message alerts with countdown timers is coming in the next build)
7. Pack schedule option.
8. Next line on foldback.
And many many more minor features and enhancements.
You can find them on the https://easyworship.com/updates/6/releasenotes.html:3mworu5z]ReleaseNotes Page.
I am glad to hear about the coming release.

One of the MOST frustrating issues for us right now is the way PowerPoint is working.
Specifically:
[list:2ps175yn]1) Lack of Return to PowerPoint Button: We will often go from the Sermon in PowerPoint to the Verses in EW ... Previously we could go back to the exact location in the PPoint file (even to a sub point transition on the page.)
[/list:u:2ps175yn]
[list:2ps175yn]2) Lack of smooth transition between PPoint slide and Verse... now it is a HARD cut-over through Black that is distracting
[/list:u:2ps175yn]

Will these be fixed?