[Equipment Configurations] Second Screen resolution problem

Using EasyWorship 6 I can project the laptop 9x16 desktop to the secondary screen and it fits the 3x4 screen perfectly. However when I 'Go live' with EasyWorship the output screen is chopped off and all over the place. I have managed to adjust the top, bottom and margins settings to get it sort of readable but I really need some advice on how to return the settings to their default mode so that there EasyWorship output matches the screen size. Could you give me some pointers?

I have shown a movie clip today direct from the web browser to the screen using the 'Duplicate' screens setting (not EasyWorship) and it was spot on, so I'm pretty sure the projector's OK - it just seems the EasyWorship output isn't! Any help would be most welcome!

Thanks,

Greg.

Hi Greg

Can you confirm that your laptop's graphics meets the minimum requirements for EW6? In my experience, EasyWorship will always be on it's best behaviour when all display devices are of the same native screen ratio. Mixing 16:9 and 4:3 has been problematic for us. (and then plugging a 5:4 PnP monitor into the mix on the same feed as the 4:3 really messed things up......)
Hi Ken,
The graphics card is an Nvidea? GTX (not the very top spec one but I did confirm with EasyWorship that it was suitable before I bought the laptop) and it's always been just fine. We were using EZ2009 until Win10 came along and but then it wouldn't run in Win 10, so we got to grips with EZ6. Since when we've had problems with the resolution. The screen on the laptop is 16 x 9, but I have it set to 1280 x 960 which produces a 3 x 4 image which I find easier to work with when producing images.

However, I don't really mind what resolutions we have to use on the laptop as long as we can get the image on the screen the right size!
Hello!

Normally you should just make sure that your output monitor in EW is set to secondary and that is all you need to do.

If that is not working try this.

Check your primary and secondary screen resolutions.

Example :

Primary 1600 x 900
Secondary 1440 x 900

In EW you click on EDIT// LIVE
Set your output to Custom
Using the resolutions above you would set the LEFT position to 1600 (left most position of primary monitor) TOP would almost always be 0, Width would be 1440 (width of the secondary output) and then Height would be 900 (height of the secondary monitor)
Thanks Terry,

Setting the output monitor to Secondary has always worked just fine in the past. I'm uncertain why we're experiencing the current difficulties.

So I can be sure we've got the basics right could you confirm the optimal configuration for the Primary monitor?!

The way I have it set currently is: the laptop screen has a 16:9 shape, so in the Windows 10 Settings I have set the laptop screen size to 1280 x 960, which produces a 3 x 4 shape working window positioned centrally in the laptop screen, with a black band down either side. (My thinking is that this will mimic the shape of the projection screen). If this isn't the best way to proceed do let me know!

In the EasyWorship Settings window the Primary is set to 1600 x 1200 (which is 3 x 4?) and the Easyworship application window fills the space in the centre of the laptop screen. I'm at home at the moment, creating a schedule for this coming Sunday. When I click the "Live" button and minimise the EasyWorship window to view the image on the laptop screen, it comes up perfectly, with 3 x 4 shape within the 3 x 4 window on the laptop screen. So far, so good!

I'm going up to Church on Wednesday afternoon to check to see what the Secondary screen is set at, when I plug the HDMI cable in.

Looking at what I've set everything else to (above) is it possible for you to say what you might expect the Secondary screen to be set at?

Many thanks for your help with all this Terry, I'm sure that with your assistance we'll get this cracked!

With every blessing,

Greg.
Thanks Terry,

the laptop screen size to 1280 x 960, which produces a 3 x 4 shape working window positioned centrally in the laptop screen, with a black band down either side. (My thinking is that this will mimic the shape of the projection screen). If this isn't the best way to proceed do let me know!

In the EasyWorship Settings window the Primary is set to 1600 x 1200 (which is 3 x 4?)

I'm going up to Church on Wednesday afternoon to check to see what the Secondary screen is set at, when I plug the HDMI cable in.

Looking at what I've set everything else to (above) is it possible for you to say what you might expect the Secondary screen to be set at?

Many thanks for your help with all this Terry, I'm sure that with your assistance we'll get this cracked!

With every blessing,

Greg.

If the Laptop screen is 1280 x 960 then 1280 would be the left position in EW under the custom position settings and top will be 0 and then width will be the first number of the secondary screen resolution and height will the second number of your secondary screen resolution. Hope that makes sense.
1280x960 is 4:3 but seems unconventional. Does Windows say it's the
recommended resolution for that display?

Common display resolutions for LCD monitors, laptops/tablets and
projectors.

[list:1ptj5i36]4:3 Standard: 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024 (even though it's 5:4)

16:9 Widescreen: 1280x720, 1366x768, 1600x900, 1920x1080

16:10 Widescreen: 1280x800, 1440x900, 1920x1200[/list:u:1ptj5i36]
Displays can show other resolutions but best (sharpest) results are
achieved by using native (recommended) resolution.
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your assistance. We have now achieved a solution to the problem!

Thanks again,

Greg.
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your assistance. We have now achieved a solution to the problem!

Thanks again,

Greg.

Hi Greg!

Can you post what fixed the issue?