[Equipment Configurations] Testing

I'm just trying to get used to the new gui... not much of a learning curve...
I have run into a small issue...
I'm running EW6 on a Dell Optiplex GX620...
3.2GHz CPU (2 X Intel Pentium D), 4GB RAM, 930 GB HD, NVidia GeForce GT 630 (Open GL/ES Version 4.4.0 NVidia 331.113 - I'm just going to use this driver for the time being)...
OS is Kubuntu 14.04, Kernel version 3.13.0-43-generic (which is kinda' embarassing, this is a fresh install and I've been to lazy to build my own - yet, lol)... it's running in 'Wine'...
Okay.. That's HW and SW (OS)... It's running great on both monitors, except...
When I goto 'Help', 'About', 'Register', it says, "Unregistered copy of EasyWorship"... You are connected to the following Organization... Kathye Herring... etc...
When I first start the program it pops up the 'About' frame, telling me it's unregistered... then, I click "Continue" and... an error dialog pops up, "OLE error 80004001.", I click "OK" and, a second "OLE error" dialog pops up with no more information... I click "OK" and it starts working fine, except for the watermark on everything...
You are probably going to say that you don't support Linux... That's okay... Not many do... But, if you have any insight, and constructive advice (besides, get a windows or smackintosh computer), I will be happy to listen and try it out...
[New] I think this has something to do with MSIE... which is version 6 by default in wine... I think I can upgrade it to 7... I'll let you know if it works...
Thanks it advance... Shalom...

Two things to keep in mind are EW6 not ready for primetime on real Windows and Linux not supported.

Perhaps someone perusing the forum has used EW2009 with Wine on Linux and could offer assistance.

Since EW2009 and EW6 rely heavily on DirectX and Wine only implements 90% of the API EW support will likely ask you to buy a copy of Windows, or sometime soon a Mac.
I understand the Linux part (not supported)... I'm used to it...
However, I don't understand what you mean by, "...not ready for primetime on real Windows".

You stated exactly what I'm looking for... that is, the reason I posted this missive... looking for someone else who is trying to make EW6 work with Wine in Linux...
I'm curious about the "real windows" statement you made because I'm going to load it on Windows 8.1 next... that is also what our production model is running... (Windows 8.1 and EW 2009)... I'm testing this (EW6) on these computers because my objective is to upgrade the church computer (windows 8.1) to EW6 (we intend a fresh install, remove EW 2009 and install EW 6) and use EW6 on my home computer (Kubuntu) to set things up (experiment) and take them to church (production)...
Anyway, that's the objective...
BTW, my name is Dan... Kathye (Running EW 2009 and EW 6 on Windows 7) and I share the responsibilities of the church computer and it's various presentations...
I'd set myself on fire before buying a Mac (LOL)... I've used them before, but I despise thier super proprietariness (brand new word)... I like MS, but I LOVE Linux (Freedom, freedom, freedom)lol...
"DirectX and Wine only implements 90% of the API" - That's true of the defaul flavor... but, the wonderful thing about wine is that it's highly, highly configurable...
Thanks again for the response... I do appreciate it... I hope that my comment about smackintosh wasn't too graphic... I don't mean to offend anyone... like everyone else, I just have favorites and I have reasons that I believe are legitimate for favoring them... I apoligize if I offended anyone...
[b](EW6.1.3)[/b]
[b]Okay... Linux using wine (Windows emulator)[/b]
Bug 1: Failed to register
Fix 1: Same as windows 8.1, use the license file and it registers properly.
Bug 2: OLE (Object Linking & Embedding) Error 80004001 on startup
Fix 2: Wine has default version 6 of MSIE installed. Next test using MSIE version 7
Bug 3: locks up when selecting video file from 'Media' tab
Fix 3: No fix yet
Bug 4: Crashes when using 'theme editor', selecting the 'media' button
Fix 4: No fix yet
Bug 5: The fonts, sizes, & colors (Yellow on blue background) display properly when the 'preview' box has a checkmark in it. When I click the 'okay' button all the fonts return to the original font (White on black background).
Fix 5: No fix yet

Shows 'Scriptures' great, reproduces to secondary monitor great,imports image and video files one at at time and in batches great.

I've also started a maintenance spot (it's in the queue for now) for EW 6 in the wineHQ appDB located here https://appdb.winehq.org/queueditems.php