[v7 General Discussion] EasyWorship and NDI

Hi,

A couple of questions about NDI.

Firstly in terms of a Feed Input:
[list]
  • [*]Does EasyWorship work happily with both NDI and NDI HX?
  • [/list]

Secondly in terms of an Output:
    [list]
  • [*]Can we choose whether EasyWorship sends full NDI or NDI HX?

• [*]Can we the change name it will advertise itself to the network as?
  • [/list]

And a wider EasyWorship Output question, but with a focus on NDI:
    [list]
  • [*]Can EasyWorship send the same output to multiple monitors? E.g. send Live output to HDMI1 plus NDI1, send Foldback output to HDMI2 plus NDI2. Etc. Or does outputting Live to NDI1 prevent you from also using a graphics card port?

• [*]Assuming you can do the above, is a second/third etc Live or Foldback output a pure clone of the first or can it be configured to a different resolution?
  • [/list]

Thanks.

EasyWorship does include support for NDI and 7.1.3 comes with HX support without having to install the NDI tools from newtek.

EasyWorship doesn't allow you to output from EasyWorship using HX. It uses the uncompressed NDI stream.

The name it advertises is the name of the computer. You would need to change the computer name in windows settings.

At this time EasyWorship can either send out NDI or the video card, but not both.
    You can output to the screen/monitors from EW and output an NDI screen at the same time but as Roger says not via EW.

First, you need to go to the VMix website and download the screen capture utility (free). You do not have to download VMix.

You need to have all NDI enabled devices on the same network.

Run that utility on your EW computer at the same time EW is running. We have it set so it starts automatically whenever the computer is started.

You can then pick up an NDI feed of any of the three EW screens, for use in VMix or other NDI enabled software.

I have been doing this for a long time - even before EW was itself NDI enabled.

You can also use that same utility - for MAC or PC and run it on a visitors laptop which needs to be connected to the church network. You can then pick up the output screen from the visitor laptop and include that into EW as an NDI feed.

I use this mostly for including the preachers PP into the video mix for livestreaming, while also putting the content on the main church screen via EW.
    Hi would it be possible to add functionality so that we can add third output NDI. If it is in the pipeline can i get a reply please
    This has been discussed, so it is on the radar. I don't have any other details at this time.
    HOLA BUENAS SOY DE ARGENTINA! DE PUERTO MADRYN CHUBUT...

YO COMPRE LA LICENCIA EN FEBRERO DE 2019 Y QUIERO SABER POR QUE CADUCO TAN PRONTO??
    Envíe un correo electrónico a orders@easyworship.com si tiene preguntas sobre la licencia.

Please email orders@easyworship.com for licensing questions.
    Bumping!

We were trying to ingest an NDI output into OBS for split-screening but realized that it disables the IMAG displays. This would be absolutely amazing if we could get an additional output and/or multiple NDI Outs on a single EW instance.
    We are currently using ew7 to a projector infront and a second monitor at the back, would be great if you can sent the text to a third ndi monitor for live streaming to obs.
    I have outlined in a post above how you can do this. I have been doing just this long before EW 7 and NDI became available in EW and it works every time. Currently EW 7 cannot send an NDI stream AND output to the screen at the same time. It CAN import NDI streams from several sources.

Download and install, on your main church projection EW computer, the small Desktop Capture utility from the VMix downloads site - Mac or PC versions are both free.

https://www.vmix.com/software/download.aspx

Run that on your EW PC and you will be streaming any of the EW screens you wish to pick up.

Use your NDI enabled video mixing software - Vmix, OBS (if that can pick up NDI) or other software, and you can pick up whichever of the EW screens you wish as feeds - all while using EW as normal - projecting to the main screen and third monitor as well.

The utility is only a tiny piece of software, downloads in seconds and all you see when it is running is a small bar telling you how many connections you have. That disappears when you start or use EW. It has no effect on EW usage.

I also use NDI to send the church services to our church hall and other places around the church.

I download and install the Free NDI tools from :

https://www.newtek.com/ndi/

Grab an old laptop - does not have to be a superdooper machine - Install those tools and run the NDI Studio Monitor. If you have a wired or wireless network at the church that all your computers are connected to, that laptop will pick up any NDI stream from any NDI source on the network. Connect that laptop to a projector or large TV and you have your program streamed to another room, hall, mothers room or wherever you need around your church.
    Hi,

Has anyone tried the new full NDI cameras such as the P200 from Birddog?

I’m presuming that compared with the NDIHX from PTZOptics / Newtek it will use a ton more network bandwidth, have a lower latency, and consume less processing power on the presentation PC to decompress?

Thanks!
    Hi,

Another NDI question... Noting the release of NDI 4 and NDI Tools 4.

Does EasyWorship have everything it needs internally packaged? Or does EasyWorship work on having a particular version of NDI Tools installed? Would not having NDI Tools installed, or having a newer version of NDI Tools installed, cause issues for EasyWorship?

Thanks!

Another NDI question... Noting the release of NDI 4 and NDI Tools 4.

Does EasyWorship have everything it needs internally packaged? Or does EasyWorship work on having a particular version of NDI Tools installed? Would not having NDI Tools installed, or having a newer version of NDI Tools installed, cause issues for EasyWorship?

Answered this for myself...

EasyWorship contains everything it needs for NDI. SDK is in [i]C:Program Files (x86)SoftouchEasyworship 7NDIx86[/i]

You don't need NDI Tools installed on the PC. And if you do, it won't interfere with EasyWorship at all. Currently EasyWorship is still using an old NDI V3 SDK, whereas NDI Tools (if you have it installed) will be V4.1 and able to receive new sources that EasyWorship can't.

Is there an ETA please on EasyWorship updating to use the newer version of NDI? It's been out quite a while now...

I have outlined in a post above how you can do this. I have been doing just this long before EW 7 and NDI became available in EW and it works every time. Currently EW 7 cannot send an NDI stream AND output to the screen at the same time. It CAN import NDI streams from several sources.

Download and install, on your main church projection EW computer, the small Desktop Capture utility from the VMix downloads site - Mac or PC versions are both free.

https://www.vmix.com/software/download.aspx

Run that on your EW PC and you will be streaming any of the EW screens you wish to pick up.

Use your NDI enabled video mixing software - Vmix, OBS (if that can pick up NDI) or other software, and you can pick up whichever of the EW screens you wish as feeds - all while using EW as normal - projecting to the main screen and third monitor as well.

The utility is only a tiny piece of software, downloads in seconds and all you see when it is running is a small bar telling you how many connections you have. That disappears when you start or use EW. It has no effect on EW usage.

By following these instructions and advice, I am now able to project from EW to screens via VGA and to a live streaming PC via NDI. Thank you!!!!

Question, I noticed that after a while the Desktop Capture Utility lost it's connections. To get the connections back I ended up having to reboot the EW PC. What are the issues that might have caused this and how do I stop it in the future, or if it does happen, refresh the connections without restarting?

Thanks!
    I have not had that problem even though I have been doing it for years - and do it every week still.

On the church PC, I have an icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, so we can start it any time we want.

I also have the Desktop Capture utility set to load every time we start the computer. That means, it is in the start menu so we don't have to actually start it each time. There have been times when we have started our streaming PC and the link was not made. All I do if that happens is to close the Desktop capture utility and click on its icon at the bottom and restart it, which then makes the connection. I have never had to restart EW and it actually has nothing to do with EW.

For the last two weeks due to the corona virus and the church is in lockdown, I have streamed our church service from pre-recorded media - from my own home. I use VMix and EW running on the one PC. All song backgrounds are green, EW is set to output via NDI. VMix picks up that stream and I chroma key out the green, leaving only the words which I overlay as lower thirds we we run a song. I have a second NDI feed coming into vMix with no chroma keying which I use for the pastors powerpoint slides.

NDI is great technology and I wish it was around about 20 years ago!