[v7 General Discussion] 7.1.2.0 Still has major PPT issues

Just got around to installing 7.1.2.0 on our sanctuary computer and found that it has the exact same issues that 7.1.1.0 and 7.1.0.0 had with PowerPoints, We only get a quick flash then nothing. Finally found a copy of 7.0.4.1 to get us thru this weekend, but had to travel an hour round trip to get it from home as all download links to it have been removed from the support site. Not too happy about that.

Windows 7 Pro Service Pack 1 with all updates.

PowerPoint 2010 with all service packs and updates installed.

PowerPoint Viewer has the same behaviour.

I had contacted support and they opened a ticket on this when it first happened. Is this something that is actively being worked on or have they given up on it due to support for Windows 7 and Office 2010 ending in Jan of 2020? I'm fine with 7.0.4.1, but I can see one of our clueless volunteers upgrading EW without asking me about it and messing up the service.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the issue. Don;t hesitate to contact me for additional information or to test a new build. I have a lot more time on my hands than money these days now that I'm retired.
We are still ferreting out the combinations that do not work with the new rendering method. Essentially with an update Microsoft changed how they render PowerPoint. We released a fix that works for Windows 10 and Office 2010 and 2016, however we have now discovered that Office 2010 on Windows 7 doesn't render using the same method that works on Windows 10. We are working on a solution and will release as soon as possible.