[v7 General Discussion] Easyworship Helper Closing

Should not the EW Helper close automatically after EW is closed and it is done doing anything?

I have noticed after opening and closing EW the helper is continuing to run though it is not doing anything. I have to manually close it.

Hi!

It runs in the background.
Hi!

It runs in the background.

Right. But why does it not close when EW closes? I don’t want this program running all the time.
There is additional planned functionality for helper that will require it to be open after closing EW. You can however use the closehelperonexit switch to make it close. The target in the shortcut would look like this. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Softouch\Easyworship 6\Easyworship.exe" closehelperonexit
There is additional planned functionality for helper that will require it to be open after closing EW. You can however use the closehelperonexit switch to make it close. The target in the shortcut would look like this. "C:Program Files (x86)SoftouchEasyworship 6Easyworship.exe" closehelperonexit

I can certainly understand it staying open if it has something to finish up. But I would have thought once finished, it would close itself. Not a huge deal, but I prefer to not have programs running for no reason.
There is additional planned functionality for helper that will require it to be open after closing EW. You can however use the closehelperonexit switch to make it close. The target in the shortcut would look like this. "C:Program Files (x86)SoftouchEasyworship 6Easyworship.exe" closehelperonexit

This does not seem to be working anymore.
It's working. You just have to make sure you open the icon you put it on. If you open a schedule by double clicking it, this will not be invoked.
Ah. I used the recent schedule next to the icon I put it on. Guess that is it.

Still think the helper should be smart enough to shut itself down.