[Announcements] EasyWorship 7.1.3 Update Release

[img]

Hi Friends,

We are happy to announce that EasyWorship 7.1.3.0 is here!

This update will be pushed out to customers through auto update at a later date. In order to get this update now, please use the download link below to download it and install it over the current version. Midi support will only be available to customers who are on subscription. If you are on a one time purchase license, you will not see Midi support as an option.

[b]https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/ewSoftware/EasyWorship-7.1.3.0.zip]DOWNLOAD EASYWORSHIP 7.1.3.0[/b]

[b]7.1.3.0 Bug Fixes[/b]
[list]
  • [*] Fixed some issues with PowerPoint not rendering correctly.

• [*] Fixed issue with getting artifacts when creating poster frames for transparent videos.

• [*] Fixed an issue with getting runtime error 216 if you try to start multiple copies of EasyWorship.

• [*] Fixed an issue with WMV files taking to long to load due to a issue with DTV-DVD Audio Decoder.

• [/list]
    [b]Enhancements[/b]
    [list]
  • [*] Updated to NewTek NDI 3.8.

• [*] NDI HX support is now included in the EasyWorship installer.

• [/list]

[b]7.1.2.0 Bug Fixes:[/b]

[b][i]Available To All EasyWorship 7 Customers[/b][/i]

[list]
  • [*]Reversed fix for an issue with 2010 PowerPoint not working as a result of changes we made to 7.1.0.0.

• [*]Fixed an issue with poster frame bitmaps not getting released when slide loses focus.

• [/list]

[img]http://easyworship.com/updates/7/newfeatures.png

[b]7.1.1.0[/b]

[b][i]Available Through Subcription Only[/b][/i]

[list]
  • [*]Added support for Abelton Live and other MIDI input devices.

• [/list]

[b]7.0 - 7.1.1.0[/b]

[list]
  • [*]Added Apple Watch Support for EasyWorship iOS App.

• [*]Added Dark Theme.

• [*]Added Slide look and color

• [*]Added the ability to playback videos with alpha channels.

• [*]Added the ability to see multiple lines on FoldBack Next Line item.

• [*]Added new option to allow copyright to be visible only on first displayed slide.

• [*]Added support to use NDI for live output.

• [*]Added support to use NDI as a capture source.

• [*]Added undo and redo to editor.

• [*][i]Added support for transparent webm files. Removed side-by-side and top-to-bottom support.[/i]

• [*][i]Updated FFmpeg player to 4.0.1.[/i]

• [*]Added iOS remote App. [b](Available in app store)[/b]

• [*][i]Added Android remote App. [b](Available in Google Play Store)[/b][/i]

• [*][i][b][b]Added Support for The Passion Translation.[/b][/b][/i]

• [/list]

[b]Bug Fixes: Previous Builds[/b]

[b]7.1.1.0[/b]

[list]
  • [*]Fixed issue in Video Properties windows that causes the video to glitch on load.

• [*]Fixed issue with transparent videos thumbnails showing incorrect pre-multiplied alpha in Editor.

• [*]Fixed an issue with then clock and service internal size displaying incorrectly when using higher DPI.

• [*]Fixed issue with the report in the Presentation Editor printing with gray text instead of black.

• [*]Fixed issue with remote midi schedule commands not working correctly.

• [*]Fixed issue with remote schedule selection not syncing correctly when using live and preview combined view.

• [*]Fixed issue with NDI feed player using to much CPU.

• [*]Fixed issue with NDI output not adapting to current system audio settings.

• [*]Fix issue with empty video stream causing player to lock up after seeking.

• [*]Fixed an issue with Foldback monitor flickering on some video cards.

• [*]Fixed an issue on some video cards with alpha channel videos flickering when using the editor with live output.

• [*]Fixed issue in selector with single column icons that are centered not getting selected on mouse down.

• [*]Fixed an issue with the Software Update window showing grayed out text in the dark interface.

• [*]Fixed an issue with live ledger view not painting correctly after switching from preview and live combined to preview and live.

• [*]Fixed problem with downloading help file in the background causing the web browser to not load until completed.

• [*]Fixed issue with SongSelect import causing web tab to close when using 'Live with Resource preview' view.

• [*]Fixed issue in Options with clocks and alerts not resizing correctly when changing font size.

• [*]Fixed some issues with Foldback elements (clock, service interval, and next line) incorrectly using margins and other settings from global foldback default font.

• [*]Fixed Foldback area, for previewing videos, web, and PowerPoint, to have margins that are pushed based on other foldback elements like clock and next item.

• [*]Fixed cosmetic issue with "Remove" icon on remote client popup changing colors after changing permissions on a client.

• [*]Fixed a possible bug when using special foreign characters in profile options.

• [*]Fixed an issue with changing the master theme font size not reflecting the correct values in the OutlineEditor even though the font size changes.

• [*]Fixed issue with font reverting back to system defaults when using indented text within a presentation.

• [*]Fixed an issue where changing the theme on a presentation would not update the text attributes of existing slides.

• [*]Fixed an issue with collections not limiting results correctly when you have rules for individual fields like Title, Author...

• [*]Fixed shortcuts for Add, Duplicate, and Delete slide to be consistent across outline editor and slide view.

• [*]Fixed issues with playing back audio with frequencies above 32K.

• [*]Fixed issue with new version of PowerPoint (build 1805) and PowerPoint Viewer displaying with incorrect size.

• [*]Fixed another issues with Intel Switchable Graphics not working correctly. Fixed a bug that should prevent future problems.

• [*]Fixed an issue with mouse highlighting and obscured items.

• [/list]

[b]7.0.4.1[/b]

[list]
  • [*]Fixed an issue with PowerPoint 32Bit not rendering custom text styles correctly.

• [/list]

[b]7.0.4[/b]

[list]
  • [*]Fixed an issue with remote not showing previews of live screen.

• [*]Fixed an issue when editing profiles on startup causing an exception.

• [*]Fixed an issue with reports not painting song text with correct background color in dark interface.

• [/list]

[b]7.0.3[/b]

[list]
  • [*]Fixed an issue with getting an exception when closing DVD, Feed, or Video Properties window.

• [*]Fixed a lockup that occurs when saving an NDI feed when using Preview and Live view.

• [*]Fixed some DPI issues with multi-monitor DPI setups.

• [/list]

[b]7.0.2[/b]

[list]
  • [*]Added some changes to remote control for acknowledgement of valid connection.

• [/list]

[b]7.0.1[/b]

[list]
  • [*]Fixed an issue with re-arranging slides in ledger view causing a blank slide to appear if there is not a label on the slide you are moving.

• [*]Fixed issue with ledger views first slide having an incorrect top margin if the first slide does not contain a label.

• [/list]

[b]7.0[/b]

[list]
  • [*]Fixed an issue with re-arranging slides in ledger view causing a blank slide to appear if there is not a label on the slide you are moving.

• [*]Fixed a possible issue with virus scanner blocking import presentations or powerpoint option.

• [*]Fixed an issue with empty slides with a non-empty labels causing editor to raise an exception.

• [*]Fixed issue with adding a scripture to a presentation not updating the outline editor.

• [*]Fixed some possible issues with updating items in schedule from resource.

• [*]Remove old downloaded installs that are not needed anymore.

• [*]Fixed a possible issue with black thumbnails in schedule when using PowerPoint.

• [*]Fixed issue with slide flicker when going live with a PowerPoint presentation.

• [*]Improved performance when going live with songs that have a large number of slides.

• [/list]

This update required a reboot? Don't recall any EW installs ever requiring that.

Even so, I chose to do it later and it still tried to force a restart. Not sure if that is a problem or just happened to me.
    This is due to the prerequisite that is installed to support NDI HDX. Restart is not required if you are not using this technology. It asks sometimes and sometimes doesn't.
    Hi,

I have problem with this update.

I insert PowerPoint files to EasyWorship schedule.

I also open another PowerPoint in the background.

After I "Go Live" the PowerPoint in EasyWorship and turn off the "Live" button it, I cannot use my PowerPoint to show the presentation.

Instead, it shows in my primary desktop.

To make it right, I have to change the active song to one of the song in EasyWorship database and restart the PowerPoint.

And also the PowerPoint's presenter view always turn off after I use EasyWorship.

Btw, I use Powerpoint 2016 (build 1812).

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.
    This is probably not an optimal use of PowerPoint and EasyWorship. PowerPoint does have a limitation in that it cannot present two slideshows at one time. If you are displaying a slideshow in EasyWorship and then try to display one in PowerPoint you are telling PowerPoint to do something it cannot do. What is the purpose of having PowerPoint open and presenting outside of EasyWorship while sending a PowerPoint life from EasyWorship?
    We are having the same issue as mentioned above with PowerPoint 2016. We usually run our "advertisement" PowerPoint file in Easy Worship (since we can edit the schedule and do other things without the presentation being interrupted) and then our Pastor's PowerPoint in the actual PowerPoint application. Why, cause our Pastor uses the "presenter view" since all his notes are in it. All we had to do previously was select "use presenter view" prior to presenting the show cause Easy Worship would always deselect that. Now with the update, the actual PowerPoint application will not present the slideshow unless Easy Worship is closed and PowerPoint is restarted. I understand this may not be a normal or advised use of PowerPoint and Easy Worship at the same time, but please fix cause it use to work fine. My work around for now is not importing any PowerPoint files into Easy Worship. Now we must run all our PowerPoint shows from PowerPoint and none from Easy Worship. Doable but a hassle.
    I'll do some testing and see if our developers can fix this or if it's something has changed in PowerPoint that we cannot override. This really isn't typical use for PowerPoint in EasyWorship. As I said before, PowerPoint is limited in what it can do, so if you try to start two slideshows, you will probably cause it to crash or lock up.

FYI, I stopped using PowerPoint at my church a couple years ago. Keeping everything in EasyWorship has removed a lot of hassle.

This video will show you how to do everything in EasyWorship.

I tested back to 7.0.4.1 and found that it would indeed display the PowerPoint slideshow on the output screen, however, when you end the slideshow, it also wants you to end the slideshow that EasyWorship is currently running. Doing this will cause EasyWorship to lock up. You are correct that it did work, but it will cause trouble in the long run. I'll pass this along to the developers. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Thanks Rodger, I hope this can be an easy fix for you guys.

I know you suggest using Easy Worship for all the presentation needs, but there is no way I am going to get our Pastors to learn or create presentations in something other than PowerPoint. Many many reasons, not going to get into that. Nevertheless, still love Easy Worship for lyrics, verses, video, etc. needs.

I am holding off on the update on our other computers and I believe I backed up our database prior to update so I will be reverting to an older version as it worked fine.

Thank you again, I will be following to hopefully see an update.

God Bless.
    Rodger, yes, I totally understand the not running two PowerPoint slideshows at the same time.

We usually would just end the music time of our service on a song in Easy Worship. Black-out Easy Worship, then run the PowerPoint application with no issue.

We only need the ability to run one or the other (with Easy Worship not currently on a PPT item).

Thanks again.
    Definitely will have them take a look. However, I do think part of the solution could be to not use PowerPoint for announcements. We started with the slideshow we did in PowerPoint then exported to jpg and loaded them into the schedule, using the combine option to make a presentation. Lately we've been creating that kind of stuff in canva then loading them into the schedule and combining. In my case I was the one that build the slideshow for the pastor too, so it was easy enough.
    If you have the Announcement PPT setup as a Timed Slideshow, export it as a Video and play it that way. It will keep the timings, motions, and transitions intact and make it easier to play. You can play it in EW or using a separate Video Player like VLC, etc. The option to Export as a Video is in every currently supported version of PowerPoint.

It will be a larger file (probably 4 times the size of the PPT), but allows more flexibility in how you display it.