[Announcements] Recent Office 365 1805 Update Breaks PowerPoint Rendering

Over the last couple of weeks we have been made aware of an issue with how PowerPoint 365 2016 is rendering through EasyWorship 6 & 7. A recent MS Office update has changed the way that Office is handling DPI scaling. This only seems to be affecting office 2016 and [b]not[/b] older versions of office like Office 2010. We do not know if office 2013 is affected as it is unavailable for testing. Our developers are aware of this and are working on a solution. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

We currently recommend rolling back to Office 2016 1803 build 9126.2210. The following KB article will walk you through an easy roll back process.

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Rodger,

Thanks to the EW support team for getting this interim fix to us. Rolled back my computer and the one at church, both working well.

Thanks again,

Allen Fox
We had issues with Office 2013 on Sunday. We had quarter size slides, background colours not showing and problems running 2 consecutive slide show. 1 or more restart of EW got us through. Office 2013 updates were split across May 8 and 31 whereas 2016 was mainly on May 31. We'll see what Patch Tuesday June 12 tonight brings - will try and report back if anything released. I've also got 2016 on my own machine so can try that as well.
We use WSUS for Windows updates. After doing some testing, it looks like the following updates cause this problem with PowerPoint 2016 and removing them solves it.

KB4011041

KB4011726

KB4011564

KB4011663

[edited to add two more updates]
Thanks Craigmash for this information.
Is there any news of a fix for this issue? I am increasingly uncomfortable running an "out-of-date" version of Office 365 - given the security implications of not keeping Microsoft software up to date.
I am sorry there is no specific date yet.
It is now over a month since this issue emerged (and I see from recent posts that it is still catching some people out). Are you any closer to a fix for this yet? Given the cost of a year's subscription to EW7 I would have hoped that a major issue like this would be given priority. It is not satisfactory to have to roll back to an earlier version of PowerPoint. There have now been several updates to Office 365 which we have not been able to apply because EW no longer presents PowerPoint slides correctly on the screen. The ability to use PowerPoint is a key element of EW and if PowerPoint can no longer be used, then the usefulness of EW to a church like ours is seriously diminished.
Hi,

We're working on releasing a new build for version 6 & 7 as soon as possible. We do our best to release fixes as quickly as possible, however we were mid dev. cycle when this issue occurred, so we have several bugs that will be fixed, and new functionality being added to EasyWorship 7 with our next release. We are doing testing now and finalizing solutions for a bug or two. We will release as soon as we feel that it is safe to do so. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, but we want to get it right before we release, in order to prevent additional distress.
EasyWorship 7.1 Beta is now available. This problem is fixed in the Beta if you would like you would like to give it a try. Here's the link for it. &